Using Pick Up Sticks on the Rigid Heddle Loom
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Using Pick up Sticks on the Rigid Heddle Loom
Do you long for more interest in the cloth you create? Are you tired of the same back and forth in your rigid heddle weaving? In this seminar you will learn to go beyond the basics and weave more than plain weave on your rigid heddle loom. You will see how to create decorative designs and textures in the structure of your woven fabric by using pick up sticks to make additional sheds in your warp. Let Deborah show you techniques for lace patterns, inlay, honeycomb, waffle weave and more. She will demonstrate how to make warp or weft threads float on the surface of your fabric. Then learn how to combine warp and weft floats for more complex structures. During this seminar, see how you can create samples that will be the basis for future projects. Deborah has been a weaver for over 20 years and loves sharing her knowledge to help others get started. Assisting knitters, crocheters, and other weavers in developing their weaving skills has been her passion for many years. Join Deborah in this seminar and take your rigid heddle weaving to the next level.
What You’ll Learn:
- Create textures in your woven cloth
- Discover the difference between warp and weft pick up
- Find out what features to look for in a pick up stick
- Explore how to combine different kinds of pick up techniques for unique patterns
- Learn how various yarns make the same pattern look different
- See how to finish your pick up patterns to make them pop
Who Should Attend:
- Weavers who want to learn how to use pick up sticks
- Weavers who want to create texture and patterns in the structure of their cloth
- Weavers who want to weave cloth that looks very complicate
- Weavers who want to explore more potential in their rigid heddle loom
- Weavers that want to create lace-like cloth
About the Instructor:
Deborah Jarchow is a nationally shown fiber artist and weaving teacher. Her work with color, fiber and texture led her to diverse projects from large scale wall hangings, to wearables, to liturgical commissions. Deborah travels the country as a popular weaving teacher at conferences such as Vogue Knitting Live, Convergence, and Stitches. She has maintained a studio at Studio Channel Islands Art Center in Camarillo, CA, for over 10 years.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|
- This "seminar" was ordered with hope for more information on using Pick Up sticks with my Cricket Rigid Heddle Loom. The long (approx. 1 hour) video was strictly verbal discussion (voice only) during screen shots of process. It also promised a print out available for download at the end. A link was not found, and email to customer service received no response. (Posted on 7/24/2015)