Unlocking Pattern Secrets
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Knitting patterns can be inspiring, brilliant and confusing. Patterns are not only written in a special short hand language, but they are written with an assumption of knowledge. This can be frustrating and intimidating to knitters. Does it sometimes seem that there are secrets hiding in the patterns?
Patty Lyons is a knitwear designer and knitting teacher who has helped thousands of knitters understand the “why” of their knitting. She’s helped demystify patterns and designs to make knitters feel empowered.
Learn how to unlock all the patterns secrets you’ve been baffled by. We’ll explore not only everything you want to understand before starting the pattern, but how to do all the things that pattern tells you to, but doesn’t tell you how. Never dread phrases like “at the same time”, “reverse shaping” or “shaping staying in pattern” again!!
With this webinar, you'll:
- Understand what pattern is right for you by exploring different sweater constructions
- Discover how to find the right size to knit
- Learn how to decode the mysteries of the Schematic
- Unlock the hidden measurements that the schematic doesn’t show you
- Understand stitch multiples and balancing stitches
- Master the simple math to increase evenly across the row
Plus! Demystify patterns most baffling instructions:
- At the Same Time
- Reverse Shaping
- Reverse Patterning
- Shaping Staying in pattern
Who should attend?
- Any knitter’s who has ever been frustrated with their knitting pattern
- Knitter’s who are new to sweater patterns
- Experienced knitters who want to take more control over their knitting
- Knitter’s who want to better understand their patterns
- Knitter’s who like to alter patterns
- Knitter’s who have been unsatisfied with their past finished garments
- Knitter’s who are looking to improve their pattern skills
PATTY LYONS is a nationally recognized knitting teacher who is known for teaching the “why” not just the “how” in her pursuit of training the “mindful knitter”. She specializes in sweater design and sharing her love of the much-maligned subjects of gauge and blocking.
Patty teaches nationally at shops, guilds & knitting shows around the country such as Vogue Knitting LIVE, STITCHES, and the Knit and Crochet Show and her popular classes can also be found online at Interweave’s Knitting Daily, Annie’s and Craftsy, where her “Improve Your Knitting Class” was named Craftsy’s most popular class of 2013! Patty will have three new Interweave knitting DVDs coming out in 2015.
Patty designs and knitting skill articles have been published in Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting, Knitter’s Magazine, Cast On, Knit Style, and Creative Knitting magazines, where she also writes a knitter’s advice column called “Patty’s Purls of Wisdom”. Patty’s designs have also been included in pattern collections from Classic Elite, Kollage, Takhi Stacy Charles, Cascade, Universal and Noro.
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|
- Great Learning Tool
- I did not expect the volume of information presented in this webinar. This is a fantastic learning tool for me and I know it will be watched numerous times as there is so much information to absorb. I was glad to find there is no limit to the amount of times I can watch it. I am new to knitting sweaters and this provided a great base for me to learn from. I thought the slides went well and did not have trouble following at all. (Posted on 6/3/2016)
- Excellent Information--Needs Polish
- There was excellent information in the webinar but I was put off by the fact that the audio did not sync with the slides--she would still be talking about one slide and either the next slide or a blank screen with a video button would be showing. She also needs to have someone else take the motion videos--it was OK but they were rocky. (Posted on 2/22/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register