Tiny ScaleS Earring Kit
Take your chain maille techniques to the next level when you add tiny scales into your jewelry designs. Inside this materials kit, you’ll get all the materials you need to make not one, but four pairs of Tiny ScaleS Earrings designed by chain maille expert Karen Karon.
This earring-making kit includes:
- 40 12mm x 7.6mm anodized aluminum tiny scales, frost
- 40 12mm x 7.6mm anodized aluminum tiny scales, gold
- 40 12mm x 7.6mm anodized aluminum tiny scales, black
- 40 12mm x 7.6mm anodized aluminum tiny scales, purple
- 16 16-gauge 3/8" anodized aluminum jump rings, black ice
- 320 20-gauge 7/64" anodized aluminum jump rings, black ice
- 4 pairs sterling silver ear wires
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Like the Kit
I do like the kit, but have to agree with another reviewer.
Scales were cut from pre-anodized sheets so you see the bright aluminum color in the holes & edges instead of the scale being completely covered with the color. Makes it look more 'cheap' than the tiny scales I buy at my local bead store.
Ear Wires were not the best and definitely not what was shown. Replaced them with my own...
I bought the necklace kit from my local bead store so I can have one set matching. (Posted on 12/6/2015)
- These earrings are gorgeous!
- This kit is well priced and contains enough rings and scales for 4 pairs of earrings. They are easy to make and look like a million bucks. There were even scales left over to play around with. If you can open and close jump rings, you can make these flashy earrings. (Posted on 11/21/2015)
- Love the kit
- I love the tiny scales earring kit, would have been nice to be able to pick the colors that the scales came in. (Posted on 10/26/2015)
- Nice Kit Has Small Flaws
- I love chainmaile jewelry, it is one of my passions, so I was really excited to get this kit. I was unhappy with the quality of the ear wires included, they were extremely flimsy and fragile, just touching them with slight pressure bends them, and I broke three just trying to get the bottom ring open and closed around the finished scale piece. The scales were also a little disappointing, they were cut from pre-anodized sheets instead of being anodized after they were cut. This resulted in holes and sides showing bright aluminum instead of the entire scale being one solid color all around. I do recommend this kit as the price is wonderful, four earrings for under $30 is great, just be prepared for two tone scales and to use/buy new ear wires. (Posted on 10/23/2015)
- wonderful scales that bead well..
- with open jump rings the links form quickly and hang beautifully.. then it is all spoilt by tiny weak earring hooks that are not like the photos and are out of proportion to the dangles...one decent pair of hooks would have been much better, and one finds the other earring findings for oneself...now one has to find all the earring findings anyway..and its a terrible waste of sterling..but the dangles are beautiful.. (Posted on 9/23/2015)