Thread Sketching 101 with Susan Brubaker Knapp eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Fiber artists and quilters alike will be amazed to learn this machine stitching technique!
Get ready to explore the entrancing world of thread sketching, an effective technique used by fiber artists to add color, line, texture, dimension, pattern, and movement to the surface of quilts. Inside this captivating eBook you’ll discover a collection of articles and exercises by artist Susan Brubaker Knapp whose mastery of using thread as a key component in her artwork is evident in the numerous award-winning quilts she's created. You’ll be surprised at how thread sketching can enhance an art quilt and elevate it to a new level.
With expert guidance and a bit of practice you will soon be using your machine to sketch and draw like a pro. Download Thread Sketching 101 with Susan Brubaker Knapp today!
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Nice to have
- Although this book seems to be a compilation of articles I have previously read in the Quilting Arts magazines, it is nice to have the info in one place and in readily accessible digital form. The single source format makes the technique less intimidating. (Posted on 7/30/2014)
- Just what I needed!
- I have been using free motion for a while, but this book provided some extra tips that I found really helpful, both for ways of using color and shading, and also basic technique. (Posted on 7/21/2014)
- This ebook is written so well it is easy to understand the process of thread sketching. Susan makes the process exciting as well as helpful. (Posted on 5/7/2014)
- Helpful Ebook
- This is a very informative book. The details and diagrams are very clear. The information has given me many ideas as I enter into the fascinating world of thread sketching (Posted on 2/11/2014)
- Not what I thought
- This e-book was entirely made up of articles from Quilting Arts Magazine. If the description had been more explicit about that, I would not have ordered this book. Since I have had a subscription to the magazine from the first issue, this entire e-book was a copy of articles I already had. (Posted on 1/27/2014)
- Absolutely loved it!
Susan answered a lot of my questions about thread, lines, and color. In fact, she answered questions, I couldn't even vocalize ... just knew that "something was wrong" or "how do I get it to look like what I want". Love it and can't wait to try the exercises to see for myself what happens.
Mint Hill, NC (Posted on 1/22/2014)
- Fabulous ebook
- You won't be disappointed with Thread Sketching 101 by Susan Brubaker Knapp. She gives not only beautiful pictures, but detailed instructions, and encouragement. This is just what I have been looking for to learn thread sketching! (Posted on 7/4/2013)