Thermofax Screen Printing Essentials for Fabric, Paper, & Mixed Media
Discover the essentials of designing and using Thermofax screens from a pro! Lynn Krawczyk demonstrates her fool-proof techniques for making, maintaining, and printing with this essential surface design technique.
You'll love this if:
- You have always wanted to try Thermofax screen printing but don't know where to start.
- You want to screen print without having to use the harsh chemicals involved in creating a traditional screen.
- You are looking for a versatile screen printing technique that can be used for fabric, paper, and other mixed-media projects.
- You want to move beyond the basics and learn to create two-color prints, layering imagery, and sophisticated textures on fabric and other surfaces.
Learn the facts about Thermofax screen printing from Lynn Krawczyk!
Looking for an easy way to integrate screen printing into your artwork? Discover Thermofax® screen printing, an accessible and easy surface design technique. Artist, fabric designer, and author Lynn Krawczyk shares everything you need to know in the Quilting Arts Workshop video Thermofax Screen Printing Essentials For Fabric, Paper, & Mixed-Media. First, learn how to create and modify artwork for burning onto screens. Next, Lynn shares tips for using the screens on different surfaces using a variety of products, including fabric paint, thickened dye, discharge agents, and more. Lynn expands this process from simply printing an image on fabric to creating sophisticated texture, layered color, and interesting depth on many different substrates. This is a must-have technique video for surface design enthusiasts.
Order your copy of Quilting Arts Workshop: Thermofax Screen Printing Essentials For Fabric, Paper, & Mixed-Media today to:
- Discover what a Thermofax screen is and how it can be used in your artwork.
- Learn about the proper care and maintenance of Thermofax screens.
- Learn how to choose and prepare appropriate images for burning screens.
- Explore printing with a variety of products, then see which work best on fabric, paper, and mixed-media surfaces including wood and plastic.
- Be inspired to create your own unique artwork by layering images.
- And more!
About the Artist:
Lynn is an artist, fabric designer, blogger, magazine contributor, and the author of Intentional Printing: Simple Techniques For Inspired Fabric Art. Her work focuses on using traditional surface design and printmaking techniques on fabric and mixed media. She believes that given enough coffee and paint, she could convert everyone she comes into contact with into a happy paint flinger. Lynn spends as much time as possible in her small home studio, and can often be found arguing with her rescue dog Carter over who gets the best corner of the sofa. Smudgedtextilesstudio.com
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- I Learned So Much!
I love printmaking, have thought about screen printing, but did not know how to begin. I am a mixed media artist, and I am always looking for new printing techniques to use in my art journals, on canvas, handmade cards, or for collage art.
Lynn took the fear out of screen printing for me. Printing with Thermofax screens is easy, familiar, and sooooo fun! I learned how to print on fabric, paper, and wood! Thank you, Lynn! I love your Thermofax Screen Printing Essentials DVD! (Posted on 8/19/2015)
- Great DVD!
- This is a well delivered DVD. It has a lot of content on how to begin the process with lots of ideas along the way to use the printing screens. I just wish it was longer due to it was so easy to listen to, take notes and then start making your own screens, I just wanted more! I will most likely review this DVD every so often to peak my interest and give me inspiration. Lynn did a great job on this instructional DVD. (Posted on 7/6/2015)