The Quilter's Appliqué Workshop
Many quilters are intimidated by appliqué. They think it's too hard, takes too long, or is too fussy. Kevin Kosbab shows quilters that not only is appliqué fun and easy to do, it can open up a world of design possibilities. The Quilter's Appliqué Workshop teaches quilters everything they need to know to create appliqué—both as embellishment and as the focus of projects. The book is is divided into three sections that each explore a basic appliqué approach: raw-edge appliqué, prepared-edge appliqué, and needle-turn appliqué. Each section includes detailed instructions, tips, and illustrations. The raw-edge and prepared-edge chapters discuss both hand- and machine-sewing techniques. Several projects illustrate each technique and explore more specialized techniques, such as broderie perse, felt appliqué, and bias tape appliqué.
The 12 home décor projects include bed quilts, wall quilts, table runner/toppers, and pillows. Beautiful color photography, including flat shots of each project, illustrations, and templates complement the detailed written instructions.
The Quilter's Appliqué Workshop goes beyond telling readers how to recreate the specific projects. It gives them the tools to mix and match appliqué techniques and create any design they can imagine.
- Teaches the reader everything he or she needs to know about the three main types of appliqué—raw-edge, prepared-edge, and needle-turn.
- Features 12 complete projects for a variety of home décor items.
- Includes dozens of illustrations and photographs, as well as many full-sized templates on an enclosed pattern sheet.
|Number Of Pages||144|
|File/Trim Size||8.5" x 10.25"|
- Stunning book, lots of ideas
I havent yet made any of the quilts in the book, so this is just first impressions. As a browse it is very rewarding and inspiring. The author takes you through all the basics and the tools, and there is a pack of templates at the back ready for use, so you dont need to be a good artist!
The fabrics and colours used are quite 'retro', but these are quite fashionable nowadays, I could imagine my daughter liking them. This is not my personal taste, but the designs and techniques can all be adapted to different fabrics and colourways.
The photography is stunning, and the text is easy to understand, with lots of diagrams explaining the techniques used. A lovely book that I will come back to over and over again. (Posted on 7/23/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org