The Art of Production Jewelry: Making Multiples to Maximize Time and Profits
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Do you want to learn the magic of production jewelry? It's easy! Ask yourself this question: Which is easier to sell — a $300 bracelet or a $10 pair of earrings? In a time when money is still tight, chances are you can sell 30 pairs of earrings at a well-attended craft fair faster than it takes to get a customer to invest $300 in your one-of-kind cuff. But also keep in mind, if you are like Michigan silversmith Mary Kernahan, you spent 12 hours making the bracelet and only 30 minutes making 30 pairs of earrings.
So the answer is obvious — production jewelry works. Join Betsy Lehndorff for her hour-long web seminar you will learn how to make this magic math work for you. You'll learn the basic steps of production design from prototyping to assembly. You learn about time-saving equipment that can make you more productive. You'll also see how three US jewelers created artistic multiples that beefed up their inventories (and careers) so they could sell more with less upfront costs.
Long-time journalist and silversmith, Betsy Lehndorff has been tracking the trend of making multiples and has examined the dollars and sense of this practice. With her information in your hands, you can look at your work, look at the tools you have, and start creating your own production designs simply, easily, and profitably.
In this web seminar you will learn:
- Important key questions to ask yourself before you start.
- Eight critical steps for successful production.
- How to save, save, save.
- How three professional jewelry artists create multiples.
- Simple tools that speed up production.
- And so much more!
About the Instructor:
A longtime journalist, Betsy Lehndorff has been a silversmith since 2008 and has interviewed numerous product designers and jewelry makers during her career. She has been writing for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist since 2009.
Who Should Attend:
- Jewelers who show in a variety of different galleries and venues.
- Jewelers who need better cash flow.
- Successful jewelers who are struggling to keep up with sales.
- Jewelry makers who need quick inventory.
- Jewelers who need an inexpensive alternative to higher priced, one-of-a-kind jewelry designs.
- Beginning jewelry business owners who want to know options available to them.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|
- Good info, but too expensive for a slide presentation
- I should have read the description more carefully, since I was expecting some video instruction rather than just slides and tips. The speaker is very experienced and personable, and offers some useful advice. The artisans profiled are interesting. Just not worth the price Interweave is charging. (Posted on 10/5/2015)