Techniques for Structural Peyote Stitch with Nancy Cain OnDemand Webinar
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Join beading teacher Nancy Cain for her web seminar that will teach you the basic processes of techniques within peyote stitch, you will experience and gain an understanding of three-dimensional bead sculpturing and engineering.
By understanding the foundational physics behind the stitch, and using the downloaded tutorial on making a 14mm hollow beaded ball, your peyote work will improve and allow you to begin expanding on what you can create.
Nancy's personal journey of understanding the foundational aspect of peyote has enabled her to push boundaries in structural design. Much like building a home you can't start a 3D structure from a pile of lumber without pre-planning. Learn how this same rule is applicable to beading 3D structures.
What you'll learn:
- Why bead shape makes a difference and the differences between using round andcylinder beads in your designs.
- How math numbers work in peyote structure.
- Learn how the first five rounds of peyote are the key.
- Why peyote twists and curls and how thread really works.
- Techniques for creating your own 14mm hollow beaded ball to practice what you've learned from the included tutorial download.
Nancy has taught peyote bead workshops since 1996 and has been a Bead&Button Show instructor since 2005. She is the Bead&Button Show 2015 Master Class instructor on Bead Engineering with peyote stitch. She has traveled and taught extensively around the country as well as internationally: twice to Japan and on two bead cruises: Alaska and the Baltic Sea. She was named Designer of the Year for 2010 - Beadwork magazine. Her work is shown in several books and book Gallery sections. Nancy has twice been a BeadDreams finalist, exhibiting at the Bead&Button Show. Her work has exhibited in several museums in Japan including the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Art. She has an online video class through Craftsy Inc. - 2013.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|
- I gave this webinar a three because I did learn a thing or two from it, but over all I felt disappointed in the quality of content. I hoped for a more in depth discussion with regards to increasing and decreasing and actual examples of "building structure". I felt the content shown was too basic and for the most part things I already knew. Nonetheless, I love Nancy Cain's work and will continue to be a huge fan! (Posted on 6/4/2016)