Stone on Stone Setting with Michael Boyd DVD
You'll love this if:
- You want to discover a different stone setting technique: setting stones or metal on top of stones.
- You want to learn how to add additional color, dimension, and texture to your stone settings with this layering technique.
- You want to uncover important jewelry making considerations for stone setting and jewelry design.
Layer color, height, and dimension with this stone setting technique!
Join expert metalsmith and gem artist Michael Boyd and learn one of his signature techniques: stone on stone settings. Take a fundamental skill to the next level with this instructional video workshop as you uncover important tips for creating custom fit bezels, drilling holes in your stones successfully, and mounting gems atop larger ones. With endless possibilities for your jewelry designs, this is a must-have technique guide.
Order your copy of this video workshop today to:
- Learn essential bezel-making tips to make the perfect setting whether you're working with opaque, transparent, translucent, or semi-translucent stones.
- Uncover important steps for drilling holes in stones successfully.
- Discover ways to create snug mountings using tubing, burnishing, and epoxy.
- Explore ways to apply this layering method to metal to achieve the beautiful and contrasting look of metal on stone.
- And so much more!
About the Artist
Michael Boyd is a progressive and innovative jeweler who uses unusual, rare, and traditional materials in his work. His background as a painter and colorist combines with his ability as a stone cutter to define both form and structure in his work. With stone as a medium, Michael blends and integrates these materials with precious metal in a bold, signature style. He is on the editorial board of and a frequent contributor to Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine and is a two-time Saul Bell Design Award winner. His work appears in nationally acclaimed craft shows and private and museum collections; to see it, visitwww.michaelboyd.com. Learn additional metalsmithing and stone cutting tips from Michael in his first video workshop, Basic Cabochon Cutting for Jewelry Makers.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Loved it!
- Absolutely a must see for anyone who is self tought jeweler like myself. Worth every penny! There is a lot more wisdom, tips and tricks shared then the title suggests. Easy to follow step by step instructions. (Posted on 12/9/2015)
- Excellent step by step
- This is one of my favorites videos. Can not wait for another video from Michael. Easy to understand, with very interesting tips and instructions that sure will improve your technique. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of his videos from now on. (Posted on 6/4/2015)
- Great Technique
- Mr Boyd does a great job explaining and demonstrating this technique. Videos are such a great value. Where else do you get to learn from Pro for less then $25.00. Plus you have the benefit to watch the video over as many times as is necessary while you are working on your own project. (Posted on 5/31/2015)