Step by Step Chain Maille Jewelry 2016 Digital Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You’re new to chain maille and want to learn chain maille techniques
- You’re an old pro at chain maille and desire to expand your repertoire of techniques
- You want to see fabulous designs that leading chain maille artists have developed
This special publication is presented by the editors of Step By Step Wire Jewelry to bring you 20 engaging chain maille projects, as well as three brand new projects from chain maille maven Michelle Brennan. From elegant to contemporary, beginner to advanced, you’ll find the perfect jewelry project that captures your eye and skill. This magazine also includes feature articles on different colors and types of jump rings available, and on how to do the math as you plan your own chain maille creations. For anyone who wants to dive into the world of chain maille making, this publication is a must-have!
Download your copy of Step By Step Chain Maille Jewelry today to:
- Use glass donuts and a modified Byzantine chain to make Michelle Brennan’s Waves of Glass Bracelet
- Incorporate Czech glass beads into Michelle Brennan’s Lattice Bracelet
- Make Lauren Andersen’s Basket Shield earrings with Lisa Kan’s line of Damask shield baskets
- Work with square wire rings, crystalettes and a Celtic cross pattern to create Christine Wilson’s Elemental Chain
- Discover so much more!
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
- Love this book
- Some beautiful patterns and kits available. (Posted on 7/18/2016)
- great designs, some flaws
I'm taking away one star for 2 reasons. The first is that many (or maybe all) of the projects are reprints from earlier SBSWJ issues and I already had them. The other reason is that the resources in the projects were not reviewed and updated. For example, Blue Buddah is no longer in operation, and sources for some of beads/stones no longer carry the item. (Had the devil of a time locating those 27mm rivolis.) Some of the projects do have kits available, but what if you don't want those colors or whatever?
I don't know if the artists who contributed read these reviews, but if you do, first a huge thank you for sharing with us. You are inspiring!
It would be wonderful if you could include just a bit more info about the supplies used. Giving us the actual AR of the rings you used would be a huge help, since not all manufacturers' rings are identical one to the other. I have an embarrassingly huge stash of rings from several suppliers, and would prefer to use what I have before ordering even more rings. I do have a spreadsheet comparing 3 suppliers' rings for aluminum, but most people probably do not.
The second request is to give us the finished size. How wide is that finished pendant? How long are those earrings?
In spite of these nitpicky things, this is a great resource for new ideas and projects. I highly recommend it. And again, many thanks to the creators of these projects.
(Posted on 7/8/2016)
- Outstanding... make full Magazine!!!
This is a wonderful limited issue, with awesome projects I want to (and will) make. The pictures and instructions are very well written, and the designs are outstanding. Many of the designers I am very familiar with.
I would love to see this limit edition be made into a regular monthly magazine, and if so... sign me up! There are a ton of crafting magazines, and while SBSW offers 1 or 2 chain maille designs, that is not the magazine's main goal... there needs to be a magazine devoted 100% to chain maille!
I would say there is only one thing I was disappointed about. I made my purchase as soon as I learned about it through FaceBook within one of my chain maille groups... and I paid full price... later a 25% discount was offered. I was disappointed. I certainly don't expect the cash back, but since I already purchased it, a discount applied to my interweave account for a future purchase... like a gift card balance would be nice. We all know there are lots more books I must have! (Posted on 6/16/2016)
- I love this book!
- The projects in this book are beautiful, the instructions are clear and easy to follow. It was well worth the money I spent, and I hope there will be future magazines like this one, more frequently. (Posted on 6/6/2016)