Spinning to Get Even: How to Spin Consistent Yarn Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Stop getting frustrated. Start getting even.
Almost every spinner wishes for even, uniform yarns, but the perfectly consistent skein can be elusive. Spinning teacher and author Beth Smith shows you how to take control of your yarn and create yarns that are more regular. In the process, she teaches you techniques for improving your spinning from first drafts to finishing.
In this spinning video you will learn:
- Beth’s secret for maintaining even twist
- When and how to count treadles for consistency
- How samples keep you on track at every stage of spinning
- Ways to maintain a steady grist in woolen, worsted, and plied yarns
Lumpy bumpy yarns no more! Join Beth on the chase for the perfect skein of consistent yarn in this video.
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Beth Smith is so obsessed with fiber that she has fleece in every room of her house, including her bathroom. She has a passion for spinning as many sheep breeds as possible and teaching students all over the world about the joys of fleece. Almost everything she knows is in her book, modern classic The Spinner’s Book of Fleece. Her video Spin Thin: How to Spin Fine Yarns is available from Interweave.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Enjoyed it!
- Beth shows how to get a more consistent yarn, from the drafting to the treadling, and it made a difference in my spinning immediately. She is also the first person I've come across that has explained very clearly how to spin a consistent long draw. The information is easy to apply to different wheels as she explains how to make your set-up work for you. I really enjoyed the lesson and am glad I bought it. (Posted on 7/11/2016)
- I'm disappointed
- While the topic offers great opportunities to not only show the various challenges that different preparations offer, the exclusive use of commercially prepared fine wool is not really helpful. There was also a lot of "this is how I do it" and nearly not enough "but this and that and that way are also possible". The existence of other wheels, like spindle wheels, charkhas or electric spinners, is totally ignored. I wouldn't buy this class again. (Posted on 12/9/2015)
- Worth every penny
Although I have been spinning for a couple of years I consider my yarn beginner yarn because I have trouble with consistency. Well, make that had trouble. Because after buying this video lesson during the first few days of Spinzilla, I was able to spin trice as much yarn, in a far more consistent manner than I did in last years competition.
I even got the hang of long draw, which I had always fails miserably at.
My finished yarn is SO much better!
I will use this video to practice with and I'm sure, over time, will get better and better results.
The instructor delivers the lesson in a calm, easy to follow format. She is pleasant and humorous without being annoying.
I am so glad I made this purchase. A very small price to pay for great information.
I am grateful.
(Posted on 10/29/2015)
- Valuable information
I purchased the downloadable format of this video at the start of Spinzilla week. I consider myself a beginner because consistency has been my main spinning issue from the start a few years ago. I have taken formal classes with reputable instructors but none helped me as much as this class. After watching this video just once I finally got the trick to long draw, which I had, previously been an abysmal failure in. I tried all the techniques Beth Smith suggests in this class.
I was able to watch this video as I spun and watch I did! By the end of Spinzilla I had spun over twice what I did last year (2.4 miles) and had more usable, lovely skeins to show for it!
It is far from the lumpy "art" yarn of days past.
I will watch this video often to help me stay consistent and try to be a better spinner.
This video was easy to enjoy. The instructor delivers the lesson in a calm, pleasant tone, without losing the student along the way.
This was also my first purchase from this company but I can assure you, with well produced, high quality lessons, in an easy to use format, it will not be my last!
Spin on kids. We CAN make great yarn.
(Posted on 10/29/2015)
- So disappointing
I really, really wanted to like this.
I was hoping it would show me the skills to spin a smooth consistent yarn but in reality anyone with fibre as smooth and even as the one used in this video would spin smooth and even yarn.
There are a few tips along the way but the instruction is very uninspiring and flat. Ironically, I don't think this video would be good for beginners as it's rather disorganised.
So disappointed. (Posted on 10/17/2015)