Spinning to Get Even: How to Spin Consistent Yarn DVD
Stop getting frustrated. Start getting even.
Almost every spinner wishes for even, uniform yarns, but the perfectly consistent skein can be elusive. Spinning teacher and author Beth Smith shows you how to take control of your yarn and create yarns that are more regular. In the process, she teaches you techniques for improving your spinning from first drafts to finishing.
In this spinning video you will learn:
- Beth’s secret for maintaining even twist
- When and how to count treadles for consistency
- How samples keep you on track at every stage of spinning
- Ways to maintain a steady grist in woolen, worsted, and plied yarns
Lumpy bumpy yarns no more! Join Beth on the chase for the perfect skein of consistent yarn in this video.
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Beth Smith is so obsessed with fiber that she has fleece in every room of her house, including her bathroom. She has a passion for spinning as many sheep breeds as possible and teaching students all over the world about the joys of fleece. Almost everything she knows is in her book, modern classic The Spinner’s Book of Fleece. Her video Spin Thin: How to Spin Fine Yarns is available from Interweave.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Good information
- I found the information to be very useful, and will be reviewing this DVD again as I work toward improving my spinning consistency. The presenter gave good information for both woolen and worsted spinning with some realistic expectations. I am very glad I purchased this DVD. (Posted on 10/11/2016)
- It really helped!
- Beth's advice on spinning more consistent yarns has really improved my spinning. I've noticed a big difference in both my woolen and worsted yarns. After watching the video and applying her suggestions I spun the most even long draw yarn I've ever made. (Posted on 1/7/2016)