Spinning Exotic Fiber Blends Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Design your own unique (and affordable) luxury blends. Do you have small, precious stashes of fibers such as wild silks, fine downs, and unusual cottons? Have you ever wanted to spin a blend or knit a yarn that no one has made before? Are you curious how to stretch a bit of treasured fiber to complete a project? In this video workshop, Sarah Anderson demonstrates the skills you need to card beautiful punis and spin them into unique and beautiful yarns.
In this Spinning Video Download, you’ll learn:
- How to choose fibers to make a splendid blend
- How to use handcards to make an easy-to-spin puni
- How to Salvage wool fleece with a break in the staple
- To master fine spinning with a long draw
- How to ply small amounts of fine yarn
Expand your spinning skills and spin the luxury yarns of your dreams!
Watch a Preview Now:
About the Host:
Fascinated by all things fiber since childhood, Sarah Anderson is the author of The Spinner’s Book of Yarn Designs. Her video The Building Blocks of Spinning is an Interweave bestseller. Sarah lives, spins, knits, and weaves in the Pacific Northwest with her husband in a small house full of fiber, wheels, and spindles.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Fun fiber play
- It's a rather short video but I've learned how to card and spin punis made from lots of different fibers. Sarah shows how to spin punis that want to fall apart (like ones made with alpaca and angora) and still get a gorgeous yarn. It took several viewings for me to see the fine points of what she was doing, noting how each hand was managing the fiber. What fun it is to play with different fiber blends! If you're a die-hard fiber fondler you'll love this video. (Posted on 1/3/2016)