Spindles Around the Whorl Collection
Spindles around the Whorl Collection
Included in this kit:
- Three video downloads
- Supported Spindle Spinning with Amelia Garripoli
- Spinning on a Turkish Spindle with Amelia Garripoli
- Hand Spindles: A History with Judith MacKenzie
Highlights of this kit:
- In Supported Spindle Spinning, Amelia Garripoli covers the basics of supported spindle spinning and shares her tips and tricks to make these unusual spindles accessible. Discover the variety of supported spindles used around the world and learn what fibers work best with which supported spindle.
- Amelia Garripoli gives in-depth instruction on how to get the most from a Turkish spindle in Spinning on a Turkish Spindle: how to get started, spin successfully, and wind on. You'll learn about the different parts of a Turkish drop spindle and how the balanced arms (in place of the usual spindle whorl) provide a framework for a beautiful ball of yarn.
- Master spinner Judith MacKenzie opens her chamber of wonders to show her prized collection of antique spindle whorls in Hand Spindles: A History. Understand the physics of spindles and learn about spinning history and spinning traditions from around the world.
Learn how to use these essential spinning tools and discover the rich history behind one of the world's great inventions. Whether you're a beginning spinner or more advanced, we know you'll find this collection to be incredibly useful!
This must-have collection features three video downloads with your guides Amelia Garripoli and Judith MacKenzie. Start with Supported Spindle Spinning, in which Amelia covers the basics and shows how to make these unusual spindles accessible. Viewers will explore the variety of supported spindles used around the world; learn what fibers are best suited for each support spindle, and how to match your spindle with the best bowl. Then move on to Amelia's video Turkish Spindle Spinning. She demonstrates step-by-step how to get started and spin successfully. Master the basics of creating a half-hitch, drafting, and winding on to the Turkish spindle to create beautiful (and practical) yarn bundles. In the third download, master spinner Judith MacKenzie displays her prized collection of antique spindle whorls. Explore the physics of spindles and unearth spinning's rich history and traditions from around the world.
|Number Of Pages||N/A|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|