Spin-Off Spin and Knit 2017 Print Edition
Spin & Knit features spinning and knitting projects for all skill levels, whether you just started or are more experienced. Explore your local fiber festival with our insider’s guide filled with tips such as wool show secrets, what not to miss, and how to shop like a pro. Learn about the animal fibers we love to spin from various sheep breeds to camelids to goats.
We’re batty for batts—and we know you are too! Learn three ways to spin striped batts. Discover how to control color and texture and spin lofty, smooth, or wild yarn that make your knitting sing.
New to spinning? Maggie Casey covers the basics with a step-by-step introduction to spinning. Anne Podlesak shares the inside scoop on how to get your special fleece processed at a mill. Already have a stash of handspun yarn? Leslie Ordal explains why not getting gauge is not a hindrance to knitting with your handspun.
Get all this and more in Spin & Knit!
- North Road Hat by Kate Larson
- Timberlane Cowl by Eileen Lee
- Leaf Cap by Melissa LaBarre
- Cenote Shawl by Anne Podlesak
- Stone & Fire Cowl by Amy Tyler
- Kelp Shawl by Benjamin Krudwig
- Secret Garden Mitts by Heather Zoppetti
- A New Slant Scarf by Jillian Moreno
- Locked Up Bag by Kathy Augustine
|Author/Designer||The Editors of Spin-Off|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org