Spin Control: Techniques for Spinning the Yarn You Want
Are you a new or experienced spinner looking to create useful and unique yarns? Spin Control teaches you to make handspun yarns that may include the best traits of commercial yarns but always have their own personal touches. From soft, bulky singles to durable cabled yarns with terrific stitch definition and from tweedy yarns with rich texture and color to serviceable 3-ply that holds up to heavy use, the sky is the limit with this thorough resource.
Teacher, store owner, and fiber source Amy King of Spunky Eclectic shares her time-tested techniques for success in Spin Control, which include:
- How to adjust spinning wheels for best results with the least effort
- How to combine techniques to create beautiful yarns.
- Instructions and brilliant photography on core spinning and other less traditional techniques
- And, Amy even takes you off the beaten path and shows you the exciting opportunities of novelty yarns.
So, explore the types of yarn and create beautiful, functional handspun to meet your fiber needs! From skinny 2-ply lace yarns to sturdy cabled yarns, Spin Control has the fundamentals you need for one-of-a-kind yarns.
|Number Of Pages||120|
- An unpromoted gem
- If you buy only one book on wheel spinning, make it this one! An easy to read text that takes you through most of the modern spinning techniques you need to know, this will give you a good grounding, whether you need to spin miles of perfectly even yarn, or yards of designer yarn - the techniques are here. But the greatest advantage of this book is that those yarns are then knitted up into swatches, so you can get a good idea of what they will look like once they are used! The photos are relevant, and inspiring, as well as providing a nice touch of eye candy. My local spinning group will be using this as an ongoing workshop in spinning techniques this year, and all are impressed. (Posted on 12/31/2010)