Soldered Dog Tag Pendant with Overlay DVD
Explore overlay soldering techniques, tips, and more with Lexi Erickson as she demonstrates how to make Southwestern-inspired dog tag pendants from start to finish.
You'll love this if:
- You want to make a variety of cohesive jewelry pieces based on a unified theme.
- You are looking for techniques to give your jewelry designs a rustic feel while maintaining quality craftsmanship.
Learn how to overlay a variety of shapes, sizes, and metals with Lexi Erickson.
Create gorgeous soldered dog tag pendants with Lexi Erickson as she takes you through the process of turning your inspirations into unique jewelry designs. Lexi shows you how shapes work together for a cohesive look, then how to create exceptional pieces which can be worn separately or combined. As you create this project, you'll learn how to create a very heavy texture, solder multiple small pieces to a larger textured backplate, drill into metal, and align multiple pieces in a precise design. Her expert instruction will stimulate your imagination and show you several techniques which will make your artwork stand out.
Order your copy today to:
- Discover design techniques as you watch Lexi create this dog tag pendant from start to finish.
- Add character and dimension to your jewelry projects by exploring a variety of textures.
- Learn how to successfully solder small metal pieces to a textured metal sheet.
- Explore overlay soldering techniques as you sweat solder two pieces of metal sheet together and wire to metal sheet.
- And more!
About the expert:
Lexi Erickson is a Contributing Editor for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist and Jewelry Making Daily. Lexi has a Master's Degree in Jewelry Design and Fabrication and has also studied with some of the leading teachers from the US and Canada. She has been teaching high school through university level jewelry courses for 30 years, and she's known as the "Queen of Soldering". Her favorite quote is “A day without soldering is a day without sunshine.” She lives in Denver, Colorado, with her family and a large menagerie of puppies and kitties.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Learned so much
- This video was very interesting and I learned so much. I'm new to jewelry fabricating, but not to soldering. I'm a retired stained glass artist seeking a craft that is not so tedious on my back. Lexi has a new fan. I will be ordering more of her videos and I'm sure you will find her to be a terrific teacher. (Posted on 6/11/2016)