Small-space Jewelry Soldering: Demystifying Everything You Need to Start Soldering
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Does the idea of picking up a torch and soldering your own jewelry components excite you but also intimidate you a little? Do you have limited space and are not sure how to set it up for metalworking? You're not alone! There are so many choices to make from what torch to pick, how to set up your workspace to what solder to use. Wouldn't be great to have all of that information in one place, to access anytime you need it?
The solution is here. Kate Richbourg has gathered all of this vital information and presents it in an easy to understand and organized manner. She will share her experience and insight working in a small space. She will discuss a variety of portable torches, how to set up for soldering in small spaces including clarifying and reviewing the variety of soldering surfaces that are available. She will share the variety of solders available and include insight on how, when and why each type is used. Join Kate as she helps banish your fears and sets you on the road to soldering excellence.
During this Web Seminar you'll learn:
- How to set up a safe, simple and easily accessible workspace.
- Valuable information about a variety of portable torches and their benefits and limitations.
- What soldering surface is best for your needs, and different ways to use them.
- The difference between wire, sheet and paste solder and its applications.
About the Instructor:
Simply put, Kate Richbourg loves jewelry. She loves to teach it. She loves to make it. She loves to wear it. Teaching and designing jewelry since 1992, she teaches at national shows, bead societies and bead shops and is published in a variety of jewelry magazines and is the author of the popular blog "We Can Make That at Home. She has also appeared on several episodes of the DIY and HGTV network shows "DIY Jewelry" and "Craft Lab." Kate is the author of the bestselling book Simple Soldering: A Beginner's Guide to Jewelry Making.
Who Should Attend:
- Jewelry makers who are nervous about getting started working with metal and flame.
- Jewelry makers who have had some experience with soldering but still have questions about setting up a small soldering space.
- Jewelry makers who are unsure which torch is right for them and the projects they want to create.
- Jewelry makers who want to fully understand the benefits and limitations of the variety of solders available.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|