Shibori Starter Kit
If you’re new to dyeing, you will love how easy this kit makes it to learn how to safely dye fabric using non-hazardous dyes! You’ll be amazed at the stunning shibori designs you can create.
Availability: Out of stock
Shibori Starter Kit
Included in this kit:
- Greener Shades dyeing starter kit
- Includes nine 1/4 oz jars of dye, citric acid, and dyeing instructions
- 8" x 54" scarf from Dharma Trading Company
- Dye colors
- Ruby Red
- River Blue
- Sunrise Yellow
- Sunset Orange
- Fire Red
- Amethyst Purple
- Amazon Green
- Coral Reef Aqua
- Midnight Black
- The Weaver's Studio: Woven Shibori by Catherine Ellis, Paperback
- Natural Shibori: Arashi featuring Elizabeth McTear, DVD
Highlights of this kit:
- Receive the Greener Shades starter kit for dyeing, which includes enough low-impact, non-hazardous dyes to dye close to 14 pounds of fabric.
- Enjoy reading all about the different shibori dyeing techniques in The Weaver's Studio: Woven Shibori and then watch Elizabeth McTear demonstrate the process of dyeing shibori in her DVD before dyeing your own silk scarf.
- If you've ever wanted to learn how to safely dye your own fabric but didn't know where to start, this is the perfect kit.
Get everything you need to start creating beautiful, dyed-shibori designs on cloth with this starter kit!
Shibori, a traditional Japanese dyeing technique, uses folding, stitching, wrapping, or tying to manipulate fabric before the dyeing process and create elegant designs. This kit is a must-have if you want start making your own unique shibori creations. Start off reading Woven Shibori by Catherine Ellis and discover ways to work shibori into a variety of weave patterns, including twills, laces, two-shaft weaves, and more as well as a variety of dyeing techniques. Then find more inspiration when you watch Natural Shibori: Arashi! Elizabeth McTear shows you how to use natural, environmentally friendly dyes safely. Viewers will see how to make the resists and do the tying and dyeing to create the beautiful Arashi patterns. Plus check out how to plan your designs and how to properly process and finish the fabrics. Then put what you've learned to the test with the included Greener Shades dyeing starter kit and silk scarf! You'll be able to safely dye your own fabric and create gorgeous shibori designs that you can call your own.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|