Serpentine Chrysotile Pendant with Rhodochrosite Pattern
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Put two lovely stones on display in this showstopping pendant that enables you to practice both your lapidary skills and metalsmithing skills .
- Serpentine chrysotile AKA Silver Eye
- Sterling silver sheet 20 gauge
- Silver hard solder
- Rhodochrosite Ortiz (if you are lucky enough to find some; use non-banded if you need it)
- Sterling square wire, 1.5 x 1.5mm about 10"
- Sterling wire, 3mm x 14 gauge x enough for circumference of rhodochrosite
- 14 gauge 6mm x 1/2"
LAPIDARY EQUIPMENT: Genie grinding unit or other, trim saw (large enough for your rough or slab), cerium oxide polishing compound, rough leather end lap, gemstone templates of your choice. CRITICAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Respirator particulate mask. HAND AND FABRICATION: Ultrafine Sharpie marker, basic bench tools. SOLDERING: Torch and tanks
Metalsmithing, basic lapidary skills, bench skills, bezel setting
Originally Published: Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, January/February 2016
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||No|
|Product Type||Project Download|