Ruched Shell Knitting Pattern
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Designed to flatter: Ruching skims the bust but doesn't cling, while a sparkly contrast band defines the high waistline. The designer adds a gentle trapeze line to the lower body's silhouette for a top that drapes comfortably. A twisted I-cord is applied to the raw neck and armhole for a polished finish.
Finished Size: 32 (36, 40, 44, 48, 52)" bust circumference. Tank shown measures 36" (see Notes).
Yarn: The Alpaca Yarn Co. Classic Alpaca (100% alpaca; 110 yd [101m]/50g): #403 Wall Street flannel (charcoal; MC), 5 (6, 7, 8, 9, 10) balls. The Alpaca Yarn Co. Glimmer (97% baby alpaca, 3% polyester; 183 yd [167m]/50g): #1810 purple mountain majesty (CC), 2 (2, 3, 3, 3, 4) balls.
Yarn weight: #4 - Medium
Gauge: 18 sts and 22 rows = 4" in St st with MC on largest needle.
Needles: Body and neck edging- sizes 8 (5 mm) and 7 (4.5 mm): 24" circulars (cir). Armhole edging- size 6 (4 mm): 24" circular. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Cable needle (cn); tapestry needle.
Originally Published: Interweave Knits, Winter 2007
|Product Type||Pattern Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org