Resin Sea Flower Pin-Pendant
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Capture tiny treasures and create a convertible piece for wearing them. Surround the center with textured silver and use coiled bail as a pin back. From glitter to gold foil, tiny seashells to colored tissue paper, there are endless options for creating a one-of-a-kind piece.
- Ice Resin; 1 ounce total (15ML/ ½l; ounce part A and 15ML/½l; ounce part B)
- 24 gauge sterling silver sheet; 5cm x 5cm (2" x 2")
- 28 gauge fine silver plain bezel wire; 9cm x 3.5cm (1⁄8" x .013")
- 28 gauge sterling silver sheet; 15mm x 5mm (3⁄4" x 1⁄4") length
- 18 gauge half-hard sterling wire; 12 inches)
- 19 gauge half-hard Argentium sterling wire; 5 cm/2"
- Hard and medium silver solder
- Pearl (with 19 gauge hole)
- Liver of sulfur or other patina
Tools: Bench pin, jeweler’s saw and 1/0 blade, flush cutter, jeweler’s planishing hammer, steel bench block or anvil, chasing tool or chisel with a sharp edge, mandrel or scribe (about 4mm in diameter) for wrapping wire, needle tool, center punch, needle file (#4 knife file), flat nose pliers (smooth surfaced), round nose pliers, drill or 1mm punch tool, drill bit (#56); Flux, torch, locking tweezers, soldering block and/or tripod and screen, quenching bowl, pickle; Polishing pad, bezel pusher
Technique: Resin use; Basic fabrication; Soldering
Originally Published: Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, April 2015 (Interweave 2015).
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||No|
|Product Type||Project Download|