Quilting Arts Magazine April/May 2015
Expand your art quilt horizons! Dive into new quilting techniques to add sparkle, texture, and photographic elements to your art quilts. Browse a selection of vibrant quilts from the SAQA "Redirecting the Ordinary" show for inspiration.
You'll love this if:
- You love learning about new techniques you can apply to your artwork.
- You want to be inspired by artful quilts and fabulous fiber art pieces.
- You are looking for helpful hints from the experts.
Break out of your quilting comfort zone with the April/May 2015 issue of Quilting Arts Magazine! Susan Brubaker Knapp reveals the magic of mylar as she outlines her three favorite uses for the film and then demonstrates creating a thread-sketched quilt with a little extra sparkle. Experiment with a variety of filler machine stitches and discover 12 ways to incorporate them into your art. Combine stitching with discharged designs for interesting and unique fabric designs. Try your hand at new techniques, integrate new materials, browse through beautiful art quilts, and so much more.
Order your copy of Quilting Arts April/May 2015 today to:
- Combine scrap pieces of fabric with photo transfers to create a fragment fabric book with Lesley Riley.
- Be inspired by the “Create a Breast Pocket” reader challenge where each piece of art honors those who have been touched by breast cancer.
- Explore the possibilities of machine filler stitches which can add drama as well as subtle texture to finished quilts.
- Brave the bold by adding thick threads using machine or hand stitching to your next project.
- And more!
Quilt artists featured in this issue:
- Susan Brubaker Knapp
- Margarita Korioth
- Nysha Oren Nelson
- Melissa Sobotka
- Lesley Riley
- And more!
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|