Poetic Crochet eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Wrap yourself in gorgeous crochet shawls inspired by the lyrical words of classic poetry with the 20 stunning designs shared in Poetic Crochet. Lace together the simplest of stitches to create a romantic collection wraps and shawls that soon will become a timeless staple in your crochet wardrobe.
When creating the captivating, wearable collection of shawls, wraps, and stoles found in Poetic Crochet, you’ll explore a variety of shawl shapes, construction techniques, borders, and edgings. Learn from author Sara Kay Hartmann which fibers that work best in shawl making, how to play with gauge when crocheting shawls, how to achieve a beautiful drape, and more.
The patterns in Poetic Crochet have been designed to showcase the simple sophistication that’s achievable with the most basic of stitches. So, you won’t need any special technique knowledge to recreate these inspired pieces. No matter your skill level, beginner to advanced, you’ll find something rewarding—and poetic—in this collection of 20 projects.
About the Author
Sara Kay Hartmann has contributed to Interweave Crochet, Interweave Crochet Accessories, Fast Crochet Hats (Interweave 2013), Crochet One-Skein Wonders (Storey 2013), and others. Find out more at sarakayknitandcrochet.com.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Sara Kay Hartmann|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|File/Trim Size||58.4 MB|
- Poetic Crochet
- This is a very beautiful book. The way the models were dressed enhanced the shawls and left you wanting to make almost everyone in the book. I find the patterns easy to follow with tip and hints I find it so helpful having the schematic and layout too. I teach crochet and own most all the books on the market. This is one of my favorite pattern books. Thank you Interweave for your great job in keeping crochet moving forward. (Posted on 9/27/2016)
- Every shawl is elegant. Patterns are well written with detailed explanations. The photos are exquisite. Highly recommend this book. The only problem I have is which shawl to make first! (Posted on 9/5/2016)
- Poetic is correct in naming these patterns
- As a woman whom who thinks a drape of fabric shows off our sophistication, these wraps and shawls are just the right thing.. Perfect for anyone whom crochets no matter what ever your skill level is. Enjoy yourself as much as I have. (Posted on 1/5/2016)
- Love the two shawls I've made
- I made Skylark and it turned out beautifully. Orisons is almost finished and will equally beautiful. The written instructions are good and the drawings are incredibly valuable. I was able to memorize the patterns quickly so they worked up quickly. In the entire book there is probably only one pattern I won't make at some point. It's a great collection. (Posted on 1/1/2016)
- Eye-catching crochet shawls
- I am an advanced Crocheter, and I have been busy with Christmas gifts, as with most of us. I have yet to try my hand at these beautiful shawls. I plan to make every one of them. They are eye-catching! Thank you for sharing this wonderful e-book. I had no problem with the download. (Posted on 12/29/2015)
- Beautiful patterns, but takes time and patience.
I was really excited to buy this ebook because a variety of yarn weights are used, and I love how interesting each shawl is. I also like that there are a variety of shapes.
So far I have made one shawl, the Spring Dream, and started on another, Starry Skies. I've run into a couple of problems, however. For one thing, these patterns seem to assume much looser tension than I typically use. I usually don't have big gauge problems, but for these patterns, even when I block to the maximum of the stretch in the material, I still have to go up about two hook sizes to come close to what is expected.
In doing Starry Skies, I also find the pattern a little confusing. You start with a square, and after 6 rows, you are supposed to repeat the last three rows with repetitions. But if you repeat the pattern as written, it seems as if that would change how you start/end each row, since now the corner motifs would be in the center of each edge of the square, too. It would've been really helpful if the schematic included had shown the first repeated set, so that we could understand exactly how we are meant to adapt the repeats.
I haven't tackled any of the other patterns yet, but this is one book where there are so many beautiful designs, I could be happy making any of them. So I'm sure I'll enjoy this for a long time to come, even if I struggle with some of the patterns. (Posted on 9/20/2015)
- I haven't started anything yet, but these are absolutely beautiful shawls. I will be starting one for my daughter for her wedding, soon. After that, there are several more that I will be making. (Posted on 9/11/2015)
- What a delicious book, full of wonderfully designed shawls. It's like being a kid in a candy shop! If you love to crochet and love shawls, you will never, ever regret buying this eBook. Some absolutely lovely creations! (Posted on 9/4/2015)