Pierced Pendant with Copper on Silver Overlay Using a Hydraulic Press and Pancake Die: A Southwest Style Jewelry Making Journey with Lexi Erickson
Learn how to cut multiples with a hydraulic press, solder overlay, pierce shapes with a saw blade, and polish to perfection with Lexi Erickson in this video download.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You have access to a hydraulic press or you are thinking of purchasing one.
- You want easy alternatives to sawing the same shape out of metal sheet over and over.
Achieve outstanding overlay!
Learn how to solder a copper overlay onto silver metal sheet.
In Pierced Pendant with Copper on Silver Overlay Using a Hydraulic Press and Pancake Die, watch and learn as Lexi Erickson demonstrates a variety of techniques as she creates a unique Southwestern-inspired pendant from start to finish. Get started with an in-depth list of the tools and materials, get an introduction to the hydraulic press, and dive into the design process. Build your metalsmithing skills as you explore a variety of techniques including sawing, overlay soldering, and polishing.
Download your digital copy today to:
- Make the most of your hydraulic press when you use pancake dies to cut the same shape out of metal sheet many times.
- Learn how to set up your torch and soldering station safely with expert tips from Lexi.
- Step up your soldering skills with tricks and tips for success.
- Polish your pendant to perfection with helpful hints to achieve a high polish on your metal components.
- And so much more!
About the Expert:
Lexi Erickson is a Contributing Editor for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist and Jewelry Making Daily. Lexi has a Master's Degree in Jewelry Design and Fabrication and has also studied with some of the leading teachers from the US and Canada. She has been teaching high school through university level jewelry courses for 30 years, has been called the "Queen of Soldering" in the Interweave publications, and is a popular BeadFest teacher. Her favorite quote is "A day without soldering is a day without sunshine." She lives in Denver, Colorado with her family and a large menagerie of puppies and kitties. You may reach Lexi through her website, LexiErickson.com.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|