Picture Perfect Heads or Tails Pendant Project
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Put your advanced silversmithing skills to the test as you craft a striking two-sided pendant to display two special photos.
- 18 gauge sterling silver sheet; 2 x 2"
- 22 gauge sterling silver sheet; 1½" square
- 28 gauge fine silver; 1 by 6 inch strip
- 18 gauge round sterling silver wire; 4"
- 1 foot of sterling silver tubing with an interior diameter of 1 mm. Make sure 18 gauge wire fits inside the tube.
- Hard and medium wire solder
- IMAGES: Sized and professionally printed photos on photo paper. The face and back need to be less than ." round so they will fit attractively within a 1" circle. (A full-service photo shop can help you with this.) Two 25.5-mm mineral glass watch crystals with flat backs and domed tops (See SOURCES.)
- NOTE: If you use different size materials, you’ll need to adjust the pattern.
Tools: HAND AND FABRICATION: Magnification visor; safety glasses; respiratory mask; bench pin; wet/dry sandpaper grits 320, 400, 600, 800, and 1000; XActo knife and blades; jeweler’s saw frame; 4/0 blades and lubricant; half round ring file; metal shears; jeweler’s angle; wire cutters and two pairs of jeweler’s pliers; hallmark stamps; bench block and chasing hammer; Moore’s fine grit sanding disks and mandrel; toothpicks; bezel burnisher. LAYOUT: Graph paper; spray adhesive; fine point Sharpie; mechanical pencil; straight edge; scribe; center punch and small drill bit; circle template; cushion template; digital calipers with set screw; high-quality compass with lead refill. SOLDERING: New, 6 x 6" soft Solderite board; soldering pick; torch; Prip’s flux in spray bottle; coins; solder stop (a paste of yellow ochre and alcohol in a sealed jar); small brush; T pins; copper tongs; quench; pickle; rotating soldering pan. FINISHING: A fresh tube of E6000 or equivalent waterproofing glue; 600 grit nail salon sanding sticks; shot filled tumbler and burnishing compound or Dawn dishwashing liquid; flexible shaft with polishing buffs; Tripoli polishing compound; toothbrush; hot, soapy water; penetrating oil; masking tape; beads; cable; crimps; crimp covers; clasp and catch
Originally Published: Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, December 2015
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Betsy Lehndorff and Hans Lehndorff|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||No|
|Product Type||Project Download|