Pectolite & Pearl Pendant
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Combine lovely blue Pectolite (Larimar) with a peach pearl in this elegant sterling silver leaf pendant design.
- Pectolite (Larimar) rough or slab; or purchased cabochon if you aren’t a cutter
- Sterling silver flat wire 6mm x perimeter of stone x 13 gauge
- 20 gauge sterling sheet —enough to back the stone and make the leaf; about 4"
- 2 x 2mm square sterling wire; 6 inches to roll out to about 12 in the mill
- 18K tubing or metal of choice
- Round diamond to fit the tubing — I used a .25ct diamond
- Lapidary unit (Genie® from Diamond Pacific Corp was my choice)
- trim or ring saw
- lapidary polishing compound (cerium oxide works well on blue pectolite)
- gemstone templates or a freehand design
- general bench tools
- Fretz® 5 Forming Stake Set or other tools that will fit the shape needed
- Liver of Sulfur
- Chinese White
Technique: Lapidary, Metalsmithing
Originally Published: Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, November 2015
|Author/Speaker/Editor||John F. Heusler|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||No|
|Product Type||Project Download|