Patina Hard Cover Book
Give your metal jewelry a coat of many colors
Go beyond heat and liver of sulfur as you explore a vast range of colored surface treatments with Patina: 300+ Coloration Effects for Jewelers & Metalsmiths. Uncover the must-have basics (and beyond) of working with different patina application techniques in this resource guide that metalsmiths have long been waiting for.
Discover this in-depth metalsmithing book featuring 300 metal patina solution samples! Explore application techniques including immersion, brush application, spraying, fuming, layering, using resists, hot and cold applications and more. All recipes feature step-by-step illustrated instructions across a variety of metals including copper, brass, bronze, silver, stainless steel, steel, and aluminum, and is neatly organized by metal for ease of reference.
Get this ultimate jewelry maker’s guide to patina today to:
- Learn how different metals react to different color treatments so that you can determine what is right for your specific use.
- Discover over 300 full-size patina samples to build your skill level through workshops in increasing difficulty.
- Understand important safety information including handling and disposing of hazardous or corrosive materials correctly, proper ventilation, setting up a workspace, and creating a basic (or not-so-basic) toolbox.
- Advance your patina skills as you work from beginner-friendly to more advanced surface treatment techniques.
- Explore how different metals take the patina with samples for steel, stainless steel, copper, brass, bronze, silver, and aluminum.
- And much more!
|Number Of Pages||256|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|File/Trim Size||8.5" x 10"|
- Excellent resource
- Beautifully illustrated and well written. A wonderful go-to resource in a sturdy hard cover book. I got it on sale so inexpensively I feel like Jesse James. Highly recommended. (Posted on 6/28/2015)
- I am totally blown away!
I am totally blown away! This is one book that I will read cover to cover. ANYONE interested in adding color to their jewelry should own this. I learned so much that I cannot wait to try.
I know of no university classes that even come close to delving into the subject with such intensity. Not only are the examples of finished jewelry inspiring, the entire book is well organized and the photos are clear and beautifully presented.
This book should be in every jewelry artists library. (Posted on 3/21/2014)