Give your metal jewelry a coat of many colors
Go beyond heat and liver of sulfur as you explore a vast range of colored surface treatments with Patina: 300+ Coloration Effects for Jewelers & Metalsmiths. Uncover the must-have basics (and beyond) of working with different patina application techniques in this resource guide that metalsmiths have long been waiting for.
Discover this in-depth metalsmithing book featuring 300 metal patina solution samples! Explore application techniques including immersion, brush application, spraying, fuming, layering, using resists, hot and cold applications and more. All recipes feature step-by-step illustrated instructions across a variety of metals including copper, brass, bronze, silver, stainless steel, steel, and aluminum, and is neatly organized by metal for ease of reference.
Get this ultimate jewelry maker’s guide to patina today to:
- Learn how different metals react to different color treatments so that you can determine what is right for your specific use.
- Discover over 300 full-size patina samples to build your skill level through workshops in increasing difficulty.
- Understand important safety information including handling and disposing of hazardous or corrosive materials correctly, proper ventilation, setting up a workspace, and creating a basic (or not-so-basic) toolbox.
- Advance your patina skills as you work from beginner-friendly to more advanced surface treatment techniques.
- Explore how different metals take the patina with samples for steel, stainless steel, copper, brass, bronze, silver, and aluminum.
- And much more!
|Number Of Pages||256|
|File/Trim Size||8.5" x 10"|
- Excellent resource
- Beautifully illustrated and well written. A wonderful go-to resource in a sturdy hard cover book. I got it on sale so inexpensively I feel like Jesse James. Highly recommended. (Posted on 6/28/2015)
- I am totally blown away!
I am totally blown away! This is one book that I will read cover to cover. ANYONE interested in adding color to their jewelry should own this. I learned so much that I cannot wait to try.
I know of no university classes that even come close to delving into the subject with such intensity. Not only are the examples of finished jewelry inspiring, the entire book is well organized and the photos are clear and beautifully presented.
This book should be in every jewelry artists library. (Posted on 3/21/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org