New Lace Knitting: Designs For Wide Open Spaces
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
New Lace Knitting: Designs for Wide Open Spaces
By Rosemary (Romi) Hill
Join the thousands of knitters creating knitwear by renowned designer Romi Hill in the pages of her first knitting book with Interweave, New Lace Knitting. Romi’s unique approach to lace knitting is sure to have you racing for your needles and skeins of yarn to cast on beautiful, artful, sophisticated pieces.
New Lace Knitting is a striking collection of 19 garment and accessory designs intended to reawaken your love of traditional lace knitting by using classic stitch patterns in fresh ways. Whether you’re creating shawls, cardigans, pullovers, or wraps, these projects show you the incredible versatility of lace: how stitch patterns change in different weights of yarn, how you can use that stitch pattern sparingly or for your whole project, and how little knitterly details make a lace project truly elegant, whether it is for every day or special occasion.
Get your copy of New Lace Knitting today!
About the Author:
Rosemary (Romi) Hill learned to knit lace in 2005, and that kindled her true passion for fiber and needles! Romi is the author of Elements of Style: Knit & Crochet Jewelry with Wire, Fiber, Felt & Beads, and her work has appeared in numerous publications, among them Knitty, Knitscene, Interweave Knits, and Twist Collective. Find out more at designsbyromi.com.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Rosemary (Romi) Hill|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Terrific book
This is a wonderful book filled with exquisite patterns. I want to knit them all!
It is, however, not for sissies. You need a solid grasp on how to knit lace and be willing to commit the time needed to complete a project from this book. (Posted on 1/1/2016)
- Great patterns with years of use
- Romi is an wonderful designer. The patterns are written and charted, her patterns are easy to understand and the explanations of the variations are excellent (Posted on 12/29/2015)
- I can't work from Charts!
Lots of lovely patterns but I'll have to translate the pattern charts into written instructions.
Otherwise, I'd have given this 5 stars. (Posted on 12/29/2015)
- Cracker Jacks
- This book had lots of neat prizes. I found a pattern for a shawl I liked from it in Ravelry, and then another, and another, so I ordered it. Should have known as soon as I saw the author's name. Romi Hill's patterns are such a delight. I'm in a prayer shawl ministry and bought it for one design I liked, but wound up with 5 shawl patterns, going from relatively simple to lovely complex designs. Then there were the other fun surprises, cute hats, tops and even a skirt. It's a great book. I wound up buying the ebook as well so if my friend wants to work a pattern (and she does) I can give her the book as a gift since I have two purchased books. I'm fussy to obey copyright rights. (Posted on 9/18/2015)
- Hours, months, nay, YEARS of fun for the money
I never thought of myself as a fan girl if any designer but I may have to change! All Romi's designs are lovely. I want to try ALL the patterns in this book. I am starting out ambitiously with the Salt Grass Pull. It not only speaks to me, it's siren's call has been haunting my days until I can get home to play with it. Hopefully there are no wrecks in our future!
The good folks at Interweave seem to understand that we have multiple devices to support our knitting habits. They allow unlimited downloads so I can have the pattern to hand on my cell, large enough to read on my iPad, and on my computer so I can print it out for notes.
Best $ for entertainment and pattern value I have spent in long while. Definitely up there with Harry Potter knits. (Posted on 8/28/2015)
- This book is such a delight. I've been following Romi's Ravelry group and love her patterns. When I saw this book, I knew I had to have it. My head is absolutely spinning with such wonderful designs. It's hard to know which one to cast on first! I also ordered the book form so I can linger over the pages. (Posted on 8/26/2015)
- Best Lace Knitting Book on the Market
- I LOVE this book. I want to make everything in it and I have started on 5 different projects! I even pre-ordered the book to have an actual copy in my knitting library. Rosemary Hill's patterns are, by far, the top of the line when it comes to knitting.....using lace weight, fingering weight or heavier weights of yarn. Romi has her own special way of designing knitting charts, what your eye sees is what you knit......I just wish Interweave had allowed her to do that in this book. I know she would have acquired 1000's more followers if they had! However, Thank You to Interweave for publishing this truly fantastic book and providing the world of knitting with a "Must Have Book" for all time! (Posted on 8/21/2015)
- Romi is a wonderful designer and there are so many beautiful designs to choose from. You don't want to miss out on this. I got both versions of the book. (Posted on 8/21/2015)
- An amazing collection, loads of helpful notes, all I need is more time to knit them all. (Posted on 8/19/2015)
- What can I say Romi love!
- As soon as I saw the this book was available I had to own it. Romi is an amazing designer. The patterns are written and charted, her patterns are easy to understand. Romi has a large following on Raverly that will help with and problems. (Posted on 7/31/2015)
- What a gorgeous e-book! It's usually hard to find 1 or 2 patterns in a book that I want to knit. WOW! Of the 19 patterns I can see myself knitting 15 of them. Great purchase! (Posted on 7/31/2015)
What an amazing e-book! Normally it's hard to find one or two pieces I want to knit in a book or e-book. This one I could easily find 15! Will also buy the book when it becomes available. I can see this will be a well used addition to my library.
Nice job! (Posted on 7/31/2015)