Natural Shibori: Arashi DVD
Do you want to learn how to use natural dyes to create beautiful Arashi shibori designs? This video featuring Elizabeth McTear will have you making gorgeous pieces in no time.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to explore the popular Arashi shibori design techniques.
- You want to discover how to make the resists and do the tying and dyeing to create beautiful Arashi patterns.
- Learning from a natural dyes expert such as Elizabeth and then creating your own designs sounds exciting.
You can’t help but notice that the patterns created using this technique look very much like rain coming down on a stormy day. Arashi, the Japanese word for “storm,” continues to be trendy in the world of weaving today. In this video, Elizabeth McTear shows you how to use natural, environmentally-friendly dyes safely. Viewers will see how to make the resists and do the tying and dyeing to create the beautiful Arashi patterns. Plus check out how to plan your designs and how to properly process and finish the fabrics. Timelessly beautiful, the cloth created using Arashi shibori and natural dyeing is perfect for decorating your home and wardrobe.
Order Natural Shibori: Arashi to:
- Learn how to safely use natural, environmentally-friendly dyes.
- See how to plan your designs and how to properly process and finish the fabrics.
- Create incredible pieces ideal for your home and wardrobe.
About the author - As the daughter of a quilter and granddaughter of an embroiderer, Elizabeth was surrounded by textiles growing up. While earning her BFA at Moore College of Art and Design, Elizabeth learned about a vast array of textile traditions, sparking her interest in mali tribal designs, Japanese traditions, and Scandinavian design - all points of reference in her work today. After graduation, Elizabeth started working with natural dyes as a way to marry her degree with her love of nature. To this day, the natural world serves as the greatest driving force behind her company Honest Alchemy. Through planting a natural dye garden and foraging materials in her community, Elizabeth explores and celebrates themes like the changing of the seasons and that natural cycle of plants, while working to make Honest Alchemy as eco-friendly as possible.
Watch a preview of this video now:
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Runtime||Approx. 35 minutes|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|