Modern Memory Quilts: Tell Stories in Fabric with Image Transfers, Crazy Quilting, and More DVD
You'll love this if:
- You want to create memory quilts that shine the spotlight on vintage or contemporary photography.
- You want to learn more about art quilt composition with expert tips from artist Lesley Riley.
- You are looking for free-form piecing, facing, and framing techniques to add to your repertoire.
Tell stories through quilting.
Combine memories, photo transfers, and crazy piecing to make unique and personal art quilts.
Take your family photographs out of the drawer they've been hiding in and allow them to take center stage in your next art quilt. Internationally-know artist Lesley Riley will teach you how to tell stories in fabric using image transfers, improvisational piecing, and more in her new Quilting Arts Workshop™ DVD Modern Memory Quilts. Lesley shares photo editing hints in Adobe® Photoshop® that will freshen up an old family photograph. Then, she introduces Lesley Riley's TAP™ Transfer Artist Paper, a unique product she developed that allows you to transfer the photo to fabric in a few easy steps. Now the fun begins! Unlock all of the possibilities this process has to offer as you audition a variety of compositions and experiment with improvisational piecing, or what she calls "really crazy quilting".
Order your copy of Modern Memory Quilts with Lesley Riley today to:
- Break out of your quilting comfort zone! Add photography, free-form piecing, and so much more to your next creation.
- Create your own fabric designs to use as the focal point in your art quilt or as background fabric with Transfer Artist Paper.
- Explore the limitless possibilities of design and composition by experimenting with fabric choices, layout, and quilting.
- Discover "really crazy quilting"-Lesley's technique of improvisational piecing that results in a unique look because there is no planning required!
- And more!
About the Artist:
Lesley Riley is an internationally-known artist, teacher, author, and creativity coach who has turned her initial passions into a dream "occupassion". Lesley is a frequent contributor to Cloth Paper Scissors and Quilting Arts magazines, and has been a guest on Quilting Arts TV. Lesley creates her magic on an idyllic horse farm in Frederick, MD, where she lives with her high-school sweetheart and the last of their six children. Learn more at lesleyriley.com.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- This video lesson will get me going on doing something with my photos. I purchased it because I was intrigued about what Leslie calls her crazy, crazy piecing and quilting for the backgrounds of her mini-quilts. However, I did not realize it involves digital manipulation of the photos. I will re-watch this part carefully as the video is a bit blurry and fast-paced and spend time figuring it out with my own computer. Now, I know where to start. Thank you. (Posted on 12/10/2015)
- Ideas are good, but quality of DVD is not.
- Lesley Riley shows us how she makes memory quilts with old photos, and this is fine and inspiring, but when Lesley shares the photo editing hints in Adobe® Photoshop® it is not possible to see what she is doing. The screen in Photoshop is unsharp and impossible to read. Not good enough! (Posted on 3/6/2015)