Modern Mandalas Necklace
Mix it up by combining metal filigree, seed beads, and embroidery thread into bead-embroidered components limited only by your imagination and bead stash.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Mix up your designs by combining metal filigree, seed beads, and embroidery thread into bead-embroidered components limited only by your imagination and bead stash. With these techniques, you can create a mandala necklace and a pair of matching earrings!
Finished Size: Necklace - 20"
- 1 g metallic gold size 15° seed beads
- 1 g pale pink size 15° cylinder beads
- 2 g each size 11° seed beads in dark matte: red (A), white-lined turquoise (B), matte opaque rose (C), white-lined olive green (D), matte silver-lined olive green (E), pink galvanized, silver-lined seafoam green, seafoam green galvanized, and rose galvanized
- 1 g white size 11° cylinder beads
- 2 g each size 8° seed beads in metallic gold (F), metallic bronze (G), and pink-lined dark green
- 2 brass 25mm round filigree links
- 2 brass 35mm octagon filigree links
- 1 brass 40mm round filigree link
- 1 antiqued brass 7×25mm hook-and-eye clasp
- 4 antiqued brass 5mm jump rings
- 12" of antiqued bronze 2.4mm ball chain
- 4 antiqued brass 3×5mm ball-chain end connectors
- 6-strand and/or pearl cotton–size embroidery thread in metallic pink, turquoise, olive green, white, and burgundy
- Sand nylon beading thread
- 10 pieces total of 2 × 2" Ultrasuede; 2 each of olive green, seafoam green, pink, burgundy, and teal
- Fabric glue
- Clear industrial adhesive
Tools: Scissors, size 12 beading needle, size 18-22 embroidery needle, 2 pairs of chain- or flat-nose pliers
Technique: embroidery, bead embroidery, brick-stitch edging
Originally Published: Beadwork, October/November 2015
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Beth A. Moser|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||No|
|Product Type||Project Download|