Mittens to Knit from Jan Brett's The Mitten Kit
Did you enjoy The Mitten by Jan Brett? If so, discover Kathy Augustine's version of the mittens Nicki's Baba knits for him in this classic book. Then move on to eight other unbeatable projects saluting our literary heroines.
Mittens to Knit from Jan Brett's The Mitten
Included in this kit:
- Two skeins of Brown Sheep Waverly Wool
- One skein: Brown Sheep Waverly Wool - Red - Item #W2052
- One skein: Brown Sheep Waverly Wool - Green - Item #W5031
- One skein: Kraemer Natural Skeins, 100% merino wool blend yarn, worsted weight, 185 yards (169.2 m)/99 gram (3.5 oz) skein, #Y3002 David
- The Mitten by Jan Brett (New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Penguin Random House, 1989)
- PieceWork September/October 2016
Highlights of this kit:
- You will receive all of the wool yarn needed to make both pairs of mittens.
- This copy of PieceWork includes eight additional projects to knit, embroider and sew, inspired by the literary mystery genre.
- The kit contains a copy of Jan Brett's charming book The Mitten, based on a classic Ukrainian folktale.
Tap into both your love for literature and knitting with this kit! Whether you are a knitter, a sewist, or an embroiderer, you will find fun projects in this issue.
Young and adventurous fans of Jan Brett's timeless and enchanting book The Mitten will love Kathy Augustine's sweet version of the mittens Nicki's Baba knits for him in the book. One pair is decorated with colorful embroidery based on the design featured on the back cover of The Mitten, and the other pair is fashioned without the embroidery, making the left and right hands of the mittens interchangeable.
Finished size: 7 inches (17.8 cm) long and 5½ inches (14.0 cm) hand circumference.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Great gift!
- I have finished the mittens, about to start the embroidery. This is a great gift to make for a younger child. The book is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to give it to my niece. The yarns supplied in the kit are nice to work with - very soft. Great kit!! (Posted on 11/12/2016)