Metalsmith Essentials: Master the Jeweler's Saw with Michael David Sturlin DVD
You'll love this if:
- You want to learn important sawing skills.
- You want to progress from cutting straight lines to complex shapes.
- You want to learn about one of the first tools to master for basic metalsmithing.
Saw like a pro!
Dive into the fundamentals for working with this important tool
Join goldsmith and jewelry artist Michael David Sturlin for his 99-minute video workshop dedicated to teaching the fundamentals of successfully using a jewele's saw. Packed with helpful tips and tricks, master this essential tool that will become an instant favorite and will open doors to your design potential.
Overcome the main obstacles of sawing as you learn expert tips for spanning the blade, keeping it taut, and holding the tool correctly to allow for maximum movement. Begin with advice for sawing a straight line, and then progress to curves, stairs, peaks, waves, spirals, and beyond. Learn important techniques for visualizing where the saw is going, controlling it to cut where it should, and making simple adjustments if it goes astray.
Order your copy of this workshop DVD today to:
- Learn how to get comfortable with a saw so you can successfully practice for accuracy later.
- Discover how to hold your tool with tender finesse for precision and comfort.
- Get detailed information about posture, hand position, tension tightness when holding the work, and proper grip strengths for successful sawing.
- Learn how to listen to the sound of the saw to determine possible problems.
- Avoid stressing when you break a saw blade (it happens!) and learn solutions for other common mishaps.
- And much more!
About the Author:
Michael David Sturlin's 40-year career as a studio jewelry artist began in 1970. He is an educator, industry consultant, and award-winning goldsmith, with recognition from the World Gold Council, the American Jewelry Design Council, and the Jewelers of America. His work has been published in 75 magazine articles and is featured in the books Masters: Gold, Crocheted Wire Jewelry, and Good Bones: The Elements and Principles of Design for Jewelry Makers. He is a faculty member of the Revere Academy of Jewelry Arts. Get other important jewelry-making information from Michael in his other video workshop: Metalsmith Essentials: Create the Perfect Workspace: Best Ways to Organize Your Bench with Michael David Sturlin.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Michael David Sturlin|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- I'm a newbie to sawing jewelry
The information is very helpful. He is thorough and systematic. He really brings the process down to earth and loosens up your hesitation and tension. In the end, you will feel less intimidated by the saw, and more confident and relaxed.
Very glad I bought this DVD. (Posted on 5/12/2016)