Metalsmith Essentials: Get the Most Out of Your Rolling Mill Digital Download
Explore the benefits of using new techniques for your jewelry projects using a rolling mill with jewelry artist Richard Sweetman.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn new techniques for adding texture and designs to wire and sheet metal
- You are eager to gain expert ideas for forming metal and enjoy jeweler Richard Sweetman’s instruction
- You want to learn unique jewelry making techniques, such as creating your own Keum-Boo foil and forming wire and jewelry metal sheet from metal ingots
Jewelry artist and instructor Richard Sweetman will show you how to use your rolling mill in a variety of metalsmithing techniques – including fold forming, roller printing onto sheet metal, and rolling your own wire. Get creative and design intricate and delicate pieces of jewelry, and learn useful tips along the way, such as which metals are best for the mill and what temperature to use for hot rolling. From making your own patterns to milling your own metal, you’ll discover how to maximize the potential of your mill, save time and find your own metalsmithing style.
Download your copy of Metalsmith Essentials: Get the Most Out of Your Rolling Mill today to:
- Receive over 70 minutes of expert instruction from Richard Sweetman, who has over 30 years of jewelry making experience
- Learn professional techniques for creating different shapes in wire and metal
- Emboss your own creative designs onto a multitude of jewelry pieces
- Discover which metals are appropriate to use and how to care for your mill so it lasts throughout the years
- And so much more!
Watch a preview now:
About the Author:
Richard Sweetman is an artist and teacher of more than 30 years. He received his BFA from Colorado State University and his MFA from the University of Oregon. He worked as a goldsmith in San Francisco before accepting a teaching position at Arapahoe Community College in Denver. Richard built a very successful metals program at ACC and currently runs a co-op metalsmithing studio in Denver.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- I recently purchased my first rolling mill and this video gives me a lot more confidence in using it. I have a better understanding of how to avoid damage and maintain it. The making and rolling of ingots was new to me and it was helpful to see it done. That information combined with the discussion of flat versus combination rollers would be useful for anyone trying to decide what kind of mill to purchase. My primary desire was to roll print and that subject was well covered. I think there are enough options that an entire video could be devoted to roller printing. It was also informative to see several examples of rolling mills. Although I bought a Durston it is not the only consideration. Good to see other options discussed. (Posted on 6/29/2016)
- Left me wanting more
This video seems to be geared toward someone brand new to a rolling mill. I didn't walk away with any new information which surprised me. Normally, I am tickled pink with my Interweave dvd purchases. Not so much with this one. Sorry.
Product materials may vary due to user's experience level.
Customer was contacted and refunded. (Posted on 5/11/2016)