Mastering Inlay Methods with Jeff Fulkerson
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Inlay is the art of making your stones conform to your metal and is a technique that will allow you to add additional creativity and uniqueness to your work. As you incorporate inlay into your jewelry, a whole new world of possibilities opens up to you.
Join Jeff Fulkerson for his web seminar that will discuss the inlay process. You'll discover what you need in the way of a 'channel' to install your stones into, as well as what stones to choose and why. Jeff will discuss some of the safety concerns associated with the technique, what equipment is needed, as well as gluing techniques.
We'll discuss some design considerations in regard to color, contrast, and dimension which will make your pieces stand out from the crowd. We'll look at some different examples of inlay to get you excited about the endless possibilities with inlay.
In this web seminar you will learn:
- What stones you should choose for your inlay design.
- The difference between the inlay and intarsia techniques.
- How to inlay stone "dots" into metal and stone.
- Different styles of inlay.
- Tips for effectively drilling your stones.
- How to make your own custom intarsias for inlay.
- And more!
About the Instructor:
Artist Jeff Fulkerson has been creating stunning, imaginative jewelry for over 30 years. "The creative process is what I enjoy most" says Fulkerson, "I love to be able to take an idea, make it take shape and see it come to life." A self-taught silver-smith with a background in construction and design, he counts himself fortunate to have studied with many great Native American artists in the last few years, most notably, Richard Tsosie, Navajo, Jesse Monogya, Hopi/Navajo and Michael Cheatham, Cherokee.
Who Should Attend:
- Jewelry artists who have wanted to learn how to start inlaying.
- Jewelry artists who want to hone their inlay skills.
- Jewelry artists who want to learn new techniques to add to their design process.
- Lapidaries who want to expand their skill set.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|
- Pictures and Verbalized Steps
- This is not a learning ebook. The author shows you pictures and then verbally explains what he did. This book does not show the author actually working with the product. If you are looking for an interactive demonstration of how to do inlay forget it. (Posted on 11/7/2016)