Master the Jewelry Flex Shaft with Andy Cooperman, Volume 1: Burs, Mandrels, Sanding/Grinding, Rubberized Abrasives & Finishing Digital Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You love to experiment and want to take full advantage of your flex shaft
- You want an extensive education on the huge family of burs
- You'd like to learn new and interesting methods for sanding, grinding, and finishing
The flex shaft is one of the most commonly found but consistently underutilized tools at the jeweler's bench. Metalsmith Andy Cooperman has explored and learned to exploit this machine as few others have. His approach to the flex shaft is expansive and non-traditional, and includes techniques like new twists on drilling, creating a hammered finish with a rubber wheel, and even polishing with a Q-tip. This video takes a fun and comprehensive look at the accessories, attachments, and endless possibilities of the flex shaft.
Download Master the Jewelry Flex Shaft with Andy Cooperman, Volume 1: Burs, Mandrels, Sanding/Grinding, Rubberized Abrasives & Finishing today to:
- Learn how to use separating discs for slitting, trimming, cutting, scoring, and sharpening other tools
- Learn how to use rubberized abrasives for contouring, blending, pre-polishing, shaping, texturing, and cleaning up castings
- Discover "in a pinch" simple ways to make your own burnishing and polishing aids
Watch a preview of Master the Jewelry Flex Shaft with Andy Cooperman, Volume 1: Burs, Mandrels, Sanding/Grinding, Rubberized Abrasives & Finishing now:
About the Author:
Metalsmith, educator, and writer Andy Cooperman works from his Seattle studio where he builds jewelry and objects for exhibitions and private clients. His work and writing has appeared in blogs, magazines and books, including Humor in Craft, Art Jewelry Today (I, II & III) and The Penland Book of Jewelry. His work is held in private and public collections, such as the Victoria and Albert Museum, Central College in Pella Iowa, and the Tacoma Art Museum.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Runtime||2 hours 44 minutes|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Digital Download|
- great teacher
- I have taken class with Andy and this download is like a speed version of the class. I forgot a lot of the tips he goes over. It is nice to be able to rewind and go over a process again. I don't learn well with just reading so these videos are great. The only thing I miss is his 'colorful' language! Also, it is 'streaming', not a download unless I am doing something wrong. (Posted on 10/7/2016)
- Terrific Instruction
- I thoroughly enjoyed watching Andy discuss all aspects of the flex shaft and sharing his tips on various ways each attachment could be used. This was definitely worth the cost and I recommend it to anyone who wants to better understand how a flex shaft and all its attachments can help a jewelry artist. (Posted on 8/30/2016)