Metalsmith Essentials: Hammer Textures and Forms: Master 20+ Specialty Jewelry Tools with Bill Fretz Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You're looking for expert techniques for using jewelry hammers correctly and effectively.
- You want to learn how to shape and form your metal into beautiful jewelry designs and forms.
- You want to add unique textures to metal using hammers and stakes.
Form fabulous jewelry with Bill Fretz
Join expert metalsmith and jewelry tool designer Bill Fretz for his video workshop dedicated to explaining all that 26 of his signature hammers can do. Learn about forming and forging, discover how to add exciting surface textures, and create beautiful mirror finishes through expert planishing. Not only will you learn how to use your hammers effectively, but you will see the diverse uses they have.
Add beautiful textures to your jewelry projects with Bill's guidance. Learn important hammer texture effects, see soldering tips, and receive finishing advice you won't want to miss.
Order your copy of this must-have video workshop today to:
- Unlock the potential of hammers as you learn how to form and texture with them, on small and large pieces both.
- Get expert jewelry making tips from Bill for forming, texturing, shaping, and more.
- Learn metal forming techniques that every metalsmith needs to know.
- Learn the right way to wield a hammer for control when hammering metal sheet, wire, and rods.
- Use specialty hammers in combination with holders and stakes for ultimate precision.
- See design ideas to fabricate completely custom, beautifully textured jewelry with your new hammer skills.
- And much more!
Take it from Bill: "Hammered textures are like color; they have different moods and can transform an object."
About the Artist:
Bill Fretz fell in love with jewelry making his junior year in high school, trained at the school For American Craftsmen at R.I.T. in Rochester, New York, and taught at the Cleveland Institute of Art before opening his first workshop in 1970. Bill and his wife, Marian, moved to Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1974, the same year both were in the World Silver Show in Mexico City. Over the past decade, Bill turned his love of silversmithing tools into a business that has grown from a small line of jeweler's stakes to a complete line of stakes and hammers manufactured by his son Jordan's workshop in Vietnam. Get more metalsmithing tips from Bill with his four other video workshops: Metalsmithing Essentials: Basic Jewelry Hammering and Forming, Metalsmith Essential: Hammering and Forming Jewelry Volume 2, Metalsmith Essentials: Expert Bezel Forming: Setting for a Variety of Cabochon and Faceted Gem Shapes with Stakes and Mandrels, and Metalsmith Essentials: Forming Hollow Rings: Plain and Inlaid.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Another great lesson from Bill
- As always. Well presented. Easy to follow. (Posted on 10/25/2015)
- hammer textures and forms.
- The video was well presented. The texture component was the best and most useful to me. The textures really made designs unique. I was happy with my purchase. (Posted on 5/27/2015)
- Hammer textures and forms was a useful download.
- The presentation of information was easy to follow and we'll done. The textures presented were useful in your designs. I am happy with the purchase. (Posted on 5/27/2015)