Make a Needlefelted Bird with Sharon Costello
Learn about the popular and inexpensive craft of needlefelting with Sharon Costello. Create a needlefelted bird easy enough for novice crafters and beautiful enough to make a whole flock!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Make a needlefelted bird with Sharon Costello in this 40 minute vignette. Sculpt charming birds out of wool--you'll soon have a whole flock! Within 40 minutes, Sharon Costello will have you making charming wool sculptures of birds. All you need is a bit of carded wool, a couple felting needles, a foam pad, and your imagination and you're ready to soar into a world of making your own flock of birds.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
Customer Reviews (3)
- excellent tutorial on basic needle felting techniques
- Although a number of different needle felted bird species are shown towards the side, the demo involves construction of a cardinal. The technique shown involves building and connecting 8 pieces (body, tail, 2 wings, head, crest and 2 part beak) , overneedling an accent color (black mask), and the addition of 2 black beads (eyes). I only wish that some mention of adding legs/feet had been included (as seen on the chickadee model). All in all, I feel well equipped to make my own cardinal now....which I plan to use to embellish a woodland santa figure. (Posted on 1/14/2015)
- Improved my skillset
- Sharon shows how to create the body parts by hand, felt them individually with the needle, and needle them together. This is hard to conceptualize from a book. (Posted on 6/6/2014)
- Very easy to follow instuctions
- Very easy to follow teacher with precise instructions. Very good download. (Posted on 2/6/2014)
Write Your Own Review