Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist September/October 2012 Print Edition
Find your artistic voice with the September/October 2012 design issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine! Jewelry maker Michael David Sturlin gives his tips for designing in a series to help you extend your potential, explore similar concepts, and discover your creative expression as an artist. Explore five different artists' designs and the evolution of their series as they refine their personal expression.
Push the envelope in your jewelry designs by drawing from the world of textiles! Be inspired to use techniques including weaving wire, enameling, and working with glass to create one-of-a-kind jewelry designs that emulate the textures, movement, and colors of fabric.
Who says fiction has to stay in the story books? Discover how this whimsical trend will have your jewelry designs turn from fantasy to reality! Plus, place yourself in the story books with a step-by-step magical Tigereye Collar project that mixes metalwork with leather for an out-of-this world look.
Be prepared to be amazed at the amount of information packed into this jewelry magazine:
- Get ready to rock your designs--Smokin' Stones interviews expert lapidary artist Steve Walters about his unique stone carvings.
- Be inspired by our jaw-dropping projects and demos including a stylish magnetic metal clay clasp, a textured metal cabochon pendant, and more.
- Diamonds aren't just for your jewelry designs but also for your lapidary tools! Learn all about the hottest diamond tools in Cool Tools & Hip Tips by Helen I. Driggs.
- Trying to figure out how much round 22-gauge wire is in one ounce? There's an app for that! Check out this and other important apps jewelry makers should know about in Net Profits.
- Be in the know with these answers to your jewelry-making questions with Ask the Experts with Tom and Kay Benham.
- And much more!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org