Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, May/June 2016 Digital Edition
Incorporate special jewelry-making techniques into your next project, such as mokumé gané and using handmade stamps in this issue. Plus, learn how to photograph jewelry yourself to increase your sales!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to practice special jewelry-making techniques, like working with mokumé gané, using handmade stamps and leatherworking
- You are a tool aficionado and want to learn about Bill Fretz’s new line of forming tools from Senior Editor Helen I. Driggs
- You want to learn about the little-known sphene and discover Jim Perkins' facet design in the "Smokin' Stones" column
It’s time to learn new and unique practices for your jewelry-making projects! Sit down with metalsmith Roger Halas to create the nature-inspired “Mokumé Gané Stingray Pendant” and add this metalworking procedure to your repertoire. Then, receive a lesson on leatherworking from jewelry instructor Melissa Cable and experiment with a variety of materials with your leather, such as spray paints, copper, inks and wire. You’ll be able to create her mixed media piece, “Leather and Metal Graffiti Necklace,” as well as add inventive ideas to your next jewelry design. This month’s “Doer’s Profile” is photographer and author Jim Lawson -- discover his process for shooting and his source of inspiration.
Download your issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, May/June 2016 today to:
- Explore the ins and outs of using handmade stamps on your metal jewelry with metalsmith Jeff Fulkerson and his “Stamped Silver Cuff”
- Discover photography tips from top jewelry artists and how their techniques can increase your own jewelry sales
- Learn about convertible jewelry and how transformable style is a great value in the Trends column, “Preaching to the Converted”
- Work with mokumé gané in Roger Halas’ colorful project
- And so much more!
|Author/Speaker/Editor||The Editors of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist|
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Magazine Download|