Kumihimo with Beads DVD
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn how to add beads to your kumihimo braids
- You want visual instruction for this popular braiding and beading technique
- You want to take a beading lesson from a master bead artist in the comfort of your own home
Learn the ins and outs of this Japanese braiding technique
Join 2013 Designer of the Year Jill Wiseman for her DVD workshop dedicated to mastering kumihimo! From prepping your cords to finishing your beaded creation, Jill includes all the kumihimo instructions you need to know! Learn how to easily find your place if you’re interrupted, and learn how to back out of your braid if you discover a hole or a mistake in your design. By the end of this 86 minute video workshop, you’ll learn new tips, tricks, and basic techniques to make your own kumihimo jewelry at home.
Order your copy of this workshop DVD today to:
- Learn how create jewelry using kumihimo braiding with beads
- Pump up your beadwork with instructions for mixing bead colors and shapes to create kumihimo braiding patterns, and add texture with Jill’s additional tips.
- Get Jill’s kumihimo supply and material recommendations for creating beautiful jewelry.
- Learn three ways to finish your kumihimo jewelry beautifully and efficiently.
- Skip the frustration–Jill addresses common problems you may encounter and gives you the solutions you’ll need to know for troubleshooting.
- And much more!
About the Artist:
Jill Wiseman, a 2013 Beadwork Designer of the Year, fell in love with beading in 2001 and now works full-time as a national beading teacher. She is the author of Jill Wiseman’s Beautiful Beaded Ropes. Jill is known for writing clear and detailed instructions for all experience levels, and her kits and patterns are sold online at www.jillwisemandesigns.com.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
- Easy to Understand
- Jill is the best instructor. She slowly shows how to do a process and also shows places where you can mess up. Great hints to keep you out of trouble. Here designs are nice too. (Posted on 7/5/2016)
- Excellent video to learn Kumihimo
As an experienced bead artist, I decided to try my hand at Kumihimo two weeks before I was leaving for a trip to Europe. My thought was that I could prepare numerous portable Kumihimo discs and have self-contained beading projects with me. I usually can figure things out from books and experience, but because I was under a time constraint, I purchased this video.
One viewing of the video and I was hooked.
With Jill's excellent tutorial and her excellent use of visual examples, I was able to master the technique immediately, with very little trial and error.
I left for Europe with 6 fully loaded Kumihimo discs, with varying bead sizes and patterns and returned with 6 amazing, completed projects. The portability of this medium is fantastic.
In addition, Jill takes you through the process to the finished piece, which was invaluable in turning beautiful beaded strands into necklaces.
I am now a Kumihimo junkie. - Thank you Jill.
(Posted on 2/5/2016)