You'll Love This If:
- You want to discover hundreds of essential techniques, demonstrated with clear step-by-step photos and no-nonsense instructions
- You want to design your own garments—or adjust existing patterns—with clear examples and lessons that demystify the math
- You consider yourself a master knitter
In this Knitting Know-How Book, you'll learn the ins and outs of improving your knitting and choosing one technique over another for the results you want. If you have ever wondered which cast-ons are suitable for socks, why you should always (always!) knit a gauge swatch, or how to fix a mis-crossed cable, this book is for you!
In This Knitting Book You’ll Learn:
- How your choices in technique and knitting method can make all the difference in your finished pieces
- Put your knowledge to work with 8 project lessons, including double-knit mittens, stranded colorwork socks and an intricately cabled Aran sweater
About the Author:
Dorothy T. Ratigan's career in fiber arts spans more than thirty-five years, and in that time she's done it all, including designing or editing for many major fiber magazines, craft book publishers and yarn companies. She now teaches in several local yarn shops throughout Maine and New Hampshire and is the author of Knitting The Perfect Pair: Secrets to Great Socks (Krause).
Judith Durant is a former craft book editor for Interweave Press and one of the founding editors of Interweave Knits. She has contributed designs and articles to Interweave Knits, Beadwork and PieceWork magazines, had a regular column in Beadwork for five years and is the author, co-author or editor of numerous books. She teaches regularly at her local yarn store, Ewe'll Love It.
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Dorothy T. Ratigan|
|File/Trim Size||8 x 10|