You'll Love This If:
- You want to discover hundreds of essential techniques, demonstrated with clear step-by-step photos and no-nonsense instructions
- You want to design your own garments—or adjust existing patterns—with clear examples and lessons that demystify the math
- You consider yourself a master knitter
In this Knitting Know-How Book, you'll learn the ins and outs of improving your knitting and choosing one technique over another for the results you want. If you have ever wondered which cast-ons are suitable for socks, why you should always (always!) knit a gauge swatch, or how to fix a mis-crossed cable, this book is for you!
In This Knitting Book You’ll Learn:
- How your choices in technique and knitting method can make all the difference in your finished pieces
- Put your knowledge to work with 8 project lessons, including double-knit mittens, stranded colorwork socks and an intricately cabled Aran sweater
About the Author:
Dorothy T. Ratigan's career in fiber arts spans more than thirty-five years, and in that time she's done it all, including designing or editing for many major fiber magazines, craft book publishers and yarn companies. She now teaches in several local yarn shops throughout Maine and New Hampshire and is the author of Knitting The Perfect Pair: Secrets to Great Socks (Krause).
Judith Durant is a former craft book editor for Interweave Press and one of the founding editors of Interweave Knits. She has contributed designs and articles to Interweave Knits, Beadwork and PieceWork magazines, had a regular column in Beadwork for five years and is the author, co-author or editor of numerous books. She teaches regularly at her local yarn store, Ewe'll Love It.
|Author/Designer||Dorothy T. Ratigan|
|File/Trim Size||8 x 10|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org