Kitchen Counter Metalworking for Beaders
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Jumping into metalworking from the beading world can sometimes seem a little daunting with the techniques and tools required. It's hard to know where to begin from workspace requirements to choosing the right tools needed for your first project. More often than not the space to create is the first limitation and that's where a mental roadblock can pop up.
In this webinar, Candie Cooper will lead you through setting up a simple metalworking workspace on your (you guessed it!) kitchen counter that you can whisk away by dinnertime. She'll also let you know what tools are key so you won't break the bank upgrading your tools. Lastly, she will teach you snappy techniques and mini projects that you can incorporate into your beaded designs.
Candie Cooper is known for her laid back teaching style. She has been making jewelry since 6th grade and first approached metalwork from a beader's perspective. If you're a beader looking to add new dimension to your pieces, this class is designed for you.
In this web seminar you will learn:
- How to set up a metalworking station that is low tech.
- What tools to purchase for metal designs.
- Tips for successfully tackling metalsmithing techniques including cutting and sawing metal; texturing and forming sheet metal; and adding holes in metal.
- How to correctly add a colorful patina to metal pieces.
- Ideas for incorporating your new metalwork pieces into your beadwork stylishly.
- And so much more!
About the Instructor:
Candie Cooper is the author of the bestselling Metalworking 101 for Beaders (2013). A designer with a passion for bold colors and twisting and turning materials, she says, "I'm inspired by so many things. Most of all, I want my work to tell a story. A place I want to visit, a nostalgic memory from childhood, romance and more...it's all in my creations." She has also authored Earringology (Lark 2014), Necklaceology (Lark 2012) and Felted Jewelry (Lark 2007). She has appeared on Jewelry Television's, "Jewel School" and the PBS series, "Beads, Baubles, and Jewels." Visit her website and blog at candiecooper.com for craft tutorials and a peek into her everyday life.
Who Should Attend:
- Beaders and jewelry designers who want to learn the basics of metalworking (cutting, drilling. and texturing metal).
- Beaders and jewelry designers who want to know what tools are needed for metalworking.
- Beaders and jewelry designers who want to know ways to add color to metal.
- Beaders and jewelry designers who want to know ways for incorporating metalworking into their bead work (especially great for people selling their jewelry).
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Web Seminar Download|