Keum Boo Techniques: Add Gold Foil to Silver Jewelry with Joe Korth DVD
You'll Love this if:
- You are interested in learning an ancient 1,000 year old jewelry technique that is still relevant today.
- You want to begin using gold in the jewelry you make.
- You want to explore jewelry design options that involve the color contrast of silver and gold as well as the relationship between positive and negative space.
Become a keum boo master!
Unlock all of the possibilities adding gold foil to your silver jewelry can bring.
Join artist and metalsmith Joe Korth in this video workshop that will teach you everything you need to know about keum boo. An ancient process that permanently bonds gold foil to a silver sheet using heat and pressure. With this video workshop, learn how to recreate this technique in your studio with low tech tools, and introduce gold into your jewelry designs in a simple, easy, and cost-effective way.
Start with a history of keum boo and an overview of tools and materials. Then learn how to purchase or roll your own keum boo gold foil, and learn tips that will help you create designs that are both interesting and unique. Once you’ve bonded the gold foil to your silver sheet, Joe will teach you how to add texture and increase interest with a variety of finishing techniques.
Order or instantly download your copy of Keum Boo Techniques: Add Gold Foil to Silver Jewelry today to:
- Learn how to anneal a small gold bar and use a rolling mill to create your own gold foil.
- Effectively utilize sterling silver in your keum boo projects with the depletion gilding technique, a process that turns the surface into pure silver.
- Protect your patina! Get insights into a few different processes to enhance the gold and silver contrasts and make the finish look permanent.
- Customize your jewelry designs when you create your own brass templates in unique shapes that you can use over and over.
- And so much more!
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|