The Jewelry Maker's Field Guide
Discover the world of metal-jewelry making . . . with expert Helen Driggs as your guide!
Take a journey through metal-jewelry making with Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Senior Editor Helen Driggs. Discover every tool, technique, and tip you need to get started or to perfect your existing skills with our most comprehensive metal jewelry-making book yet. Containing 168 pages of basic (and not-so-basic) metalworking tool overviews, this authoritative book is structured like a complete course in metalsmithing.
The Jewelry Maker’s Field Guide: Tools and Essential Techniques walks you through the variety of metalworking tools available, offers guidance on setting up your studio, covers buying and organizing your tools, and gives expert advice on what tools to buy and when. Helen also offers a solid and logical overview of metalworking techniques and teaches sets of related skills, showing how different tools can achieve the same end result.
Starting with an introduction on how to use this hands-on learning book, this guide is broken out into six sections to easily find the information you are seeking. Covering a broad, but through, range of topics with this resource you’ll uncover:
- 24 step-by-step visual demos showing you exactly how to clean metal, file, solder, rivet, emboss, and much more.
- 13 applied techniques allowing you to build important skills in a sequence that will eventually be interconnected.
- 12 building blocks to help develop your foundational skills that you will need for a long and fascinating trip through the process of jewelry making.
- 4 metal jewelry projects combining several building blocks to encourage real-life skill practice.
By the end of the book you will be able to create well-crafted jewelry pieces with the right tools for the job. The Jewelry Maker’s Field Guide: Tools and Essential Techniques will be a resource you turn to again and again throughout your jewelry making—pick up your copy today!
|Author/Speaker/Editor||Helen I. Driggs|
|Number Of Pages||168|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|File/Trim Size||8.5" x 10.25"|
- I LOVE this book!
- It fills in all of the gaps left from taking classes. I've sworn off taking more classes until I've gone through this entire book and done most of the projects. It's very well organized so I will be able to easily go back to review processes when needed. And it's written in a very clear and straight-forward style. Thank you Helen Driggs! (Posted on 7/15/2015)