The Jewelry Maker's Field Guide
Discover the world of metal-jewelry making . . . with expert Helen Driggs as your guide!
Take a journey through metal-jewelry making with Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Senior Editor Helen Driggs. Discover every tool, technique, and tip you need to get started or to perfect your existing skills with our most comprehensive metal jewelry-making book yet. Containing 168 pages of basic (and not-so-basic) metalworking tool overviews, this authoritative book is structured like a complete course in metalsmithing.
The Jewelry Maker’s Field Guide: Tools and Essential Techniques walks you through the variety of metalworking tools available, offers guidance on setting up your studio, covers buying and organizing your tools, and gives expert advice on what tools to buy and when. Helen also offers a solid and logical overview of metalworking techniques and teaches sets of related skills, showing how different tools can achieve the same end result.
Starting with an introduction on how to use this hands-on learning book, this guide is broken out into six sections to easily find the information you are seeking. Covering a broad, but through, range of topics with this resource you’ll uncover:
- 24 step-by-step visual demos showing you exactly how to clean metal, file, solder, rivet, emboss, and much more.
- 13 applied techniques allowing you to build important skills in a sequence that will eventually be interconnected.
- 12 building blocks to help develop your foundational skills that you will need for a long and fascinating trip through the process of jewelry making.
- 4 metal jewelry projects combining several building blocks to encourage real-life skill practice.
By the end of the book you will be able to create well-crafted jewelry pieces with the right tools for the job. The Jewelry Maker’s Field Guide: Tools and Essential Techniques will be a resource you turn to again and again throughout your jewelry making—pick up your copy today!
|Author/Designer||Helen I. Driggs|
|Number Of Pages||168|
|File/Trim Size||8.5" x 10.25"|
- I LOVE this book!
- It fills in all of the gaps left from taking classes. I've sworn off taking more classes until I've gone through this entire book and done most of the projects. It's very well organized so I will be able to easily go back to review processes when needed. And it's written in a very clear and straight-forward style. Thank you Helen Driggs! (Posted on 7/15/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org