Jewelry Basics for the Hydraulic Press with Richard Sweetman
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to add dimensionality to your metal sheet.
- You are looking for tips and tricks so you can master the hydraulic press.
- You want a metalsmithing process that can be replicated for easy multiples.
Boost your metalsmithing by adding three-dimensional die forming to your toolbox!
Join Richard Sweetman, an artist and teacher with more than 30 years of experience, for Jewelry Basics for the Hydraulic Press, a video workshop all about die pressing using a hydraulic press or a vise. Learn how to cut and prepare your own dies. Add personalization to your pressing by exploring a variety of metal choices and adding textures. In no time you’ll be creating your own unique three-dimensional jewelry with Richard’s expert instruction!
Download your copy of Jewelry Basics for the Hydraulic Press with Richard Sweetman today to:
- Learn how to cut your own unique die shapes out of plexiglass.
- Discover a budget-friendly alternative to the hydraulic press by using a vise to press metal.
- Troubleshoot any problems that might arise while die pressing with helpful hints from Richard.
- Create unique projects by rollerprinting a multitude of textures on a variety of metals.
- And more!
About the author:
Richard Sweetman is an artist and teacher of more than 30 years. He received his BFA from Colorado State University and his MFA from the University of Oregon. He worked as a goldsmith in San Francisco before accepting a teaching position at Arapahoe Community College in Denver. Richard built a very successful metals program at ACC. He currently runs a co-op metalsmithing studio in Denver. Visit zephyr-street-studio.com for more information.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Very well presented
I plan to build my own. As an Aeronautical Engineer I am familiar with this type process. We use a large Hydraulic Press (Mega Pounds of pressure). This is an excellent scaled down application of the process.
If Mr. Sweetman (or any others) have a plan to build a Spin Casting Machine to cast Pewter in Silicone molds, I would also like to build one of those. (Posted on 12/29/2015)
- Interesting, very usable technique
- This is a great video! Richard Sweetman shows very clearly how to make your own dies using 3/8" plexiglass and then use them to form metal wither with a hydraulic press or a vise. He gives great advice about which shapes are the easiest to use, what gauges of metal to use and how to create secondary effects such as ridges that help define the shape. He also has good troubleshooting tips. (Posted on 5/4/2015)