Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist September/October 2013
Boost your perspective and become the best designer you can be with the September/October 2013 issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine. Be blown away by the annual design issue, packed with expert tips, technique demos, and breath taking jewelry projects that will inspire you to try something new!
Take an exclusive look into the innovative ways that jewelry artists are using classic metals and new materials alike in their jewelry designs. Explore how metalsmiths are making exquisite jewelry from alternative materials, including leather, wood, plastic, and more! Then, craft your own mixed media jewelry project with a beautiful leather bracelet featuring a bold gemstone setting.
Plus, well-known designer and instructor Michael David Sturlin offers advice for mentoring or finding a mentor to help evolve your perspective as a designer.
Uncover all the jewelry making info you won’t want to miss:
- Discover how career coaching can help grow your jewelry business in Net Profits.
- Master working with color! Learn important basic tips for selecting the right color the first time from Helen I. Driggs in Cool Tools & Hip Tips.
- Smokin’ Stones explores K2, a jazzy stone splashed with bright blue, and its variety of uses.
- Explore how top artists are expertly incorporating wood into their jewelry designs in Trends.
- Learn to make an aesthetic and sturdy hinge for a ring, plus more with featured jewelry designs.
- Get the jewelry making tips you won’t want to miss in Ask the Experts with Tom & Kay Benham.
- And much more!