Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, August 2013 Print Edition
Expert advice, must know technique demos, and must-make projects; advance your jewelry-making skills with the August issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine!
Love unusual stones? Explore Maw-Sit-Sit, a vivid green and bold black gemstone that hails from China. Then, boost your skills with a detailed project that utilizes this bold stone. For a stone that is less rare, discover fluorite’s uses as cabochons and as beads in jewelry designs.
The wait is over! See the first 5 Tool Challenge winning designs and be inspired by what artists crafted with only 5 jewelry making tools. Then, stretch your skills by trying the next challenge yourself.
Improve your metalsmithing skills with expert demos, from advanced metal stamping techniques to making your own inexpensive versions of some essential lost wax casting equipment. Then, discover the latest trends in artisan jewelry using patterned mokumé gané – and get great tips from each of the designer artists!
Get your copy of this must-have issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine today to:
- Learn just what your customers think of your jewelry business with easy customer service survey tips from Net Profits.
- Go above and beyond basic texture with Helen I. Driggs in Cool Tools & Hip Tips. Get some awesome metal stamping texture ideas using basic jewelry making tools every studio is equipped with.
- Explore jewelry projects that use mokumé gané, a Japanese technique mixing metals into one-of-a-kind textural metal designs in Trends.
- Smokin’ Stones features the gorgeous Maw-Sit-Sit gemstone, a stone that packs a bold and beautiful design punch.
- Get the answers you need to give your jewelry designs an edge in Ask the Experts with Tom and Kay Benham.
- And so much more!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed. To access and save your download please follow these instructions:
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner on this website
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click “Welcome, (your name)!” in the upper right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on “My Downloadable Products” *If you have purchased an online course, click "My Courses"
- Underneath the Product title will be the download link, click the link to view the PDF or Video
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click “Save”
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org