Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, August 2013
Expert advice, must know technique demos, and must-make projects; advance your jewelry-making skills with the August issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine!
Love unusual stones? Explore Maw-Sit-Sit, a vivid green and bold black gemstone that hails from China. Then, boost your skills with a detailed project that utilizes this bold stone. For a stone that is less rare, discover fluorite’s uses as cabochons and as beads in jewelry designs.
The wait is over! See the first 5 Tool Challenge winning designs and be inspired by what artists crafted with only 5 jewelry making tools. Then, stretch your skills by trying the next challenge yourself.
Improve your metalsmithing skills with expert demos, from advanced metal stamping techniques to making your own inexpensive versions of some essential lost wax casting equipment. Then, discover the latest trends in artisan jewelry using patterned mokumé gané – and get great tips from each of the designer artists!
Get your copy of this must-have issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine today to:
- Learn just what your customers think of your jewelry business with easy customer service survey tips from Net Profits.
- Go above and beyond basic texture with Helen I. Driggs in Cool Tools & Hip Tips. Get some awesome metal stamping texture ideas using basic jewelry making tools every studio is equipped with.
- Explore jewelry projects that use mokumé gané, a Japanese technique mixing metals into one-of-a-kind textural metal designs in Trends.
- Smokin’ Stones features the gorgeous Maw-Sit-Sit gemstone, a stone that packs a bold and beautiful design punch.
- Get the answers you need to give your jewelry designs an edge in Ask the Experts with Tom and Kay Benham.
- And so much more!