Intro to Chain Making with Ann Cahoon: Single Loop-in-Loop Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You want to learn how to make your own chain.
- You are searching for a precise tutorial on chain construction.
- Have a desire to learn how to make your own chain at home.
Confidently create chain at home!
Join Ann Cahoon for Intro to Chain Making, her video workshop that will teach you all the necessary steps to create a single loop-in-loop chain. Through this workshop you will learn each precise step that is needed for creating your own chain including annealing, forming your own jump rings, fusing jump rings, weaving a chain, drawing a chain, and important finishing steps. With Ann's attention to detail, clear steps, and expert direction, feel comfortable to start creating your own chain at home and master this meticulous technique.
Download your copy of Intro to Chain Making today to:
- Learn how important consistency is to chain making, including annealing steps, alignment, and fusing your rings correctly.
- Be in the know with important tool considerations, technique details, and crucial steps.
- Explore two alternative ways to form and cut consistent jump rings.
- See each step up close including warning signs for overheating during the fusing process and poorly fused jump rings.
- And so much more!
About the Artist:
After receiving an honors double BFA in Jewelry and Ceramics from the Maine College of Art in 1998, Ann Cahoon continued her training at Boston's North Bennett Street School. She completed their prestigious Jewelry Making and Repair program in 2002. It was this grounding in both the creative and technical sides of the jewelry industry, coupled with her lifelong belief that everyone has the capacity to create, which inspired her to start teaching almost immediately after graduating. Learn all about setting faceted stones from Ann with her two videos Metalsmith Essentials: Introductions to Gemstone Setting and Metalsmith Essentials: How to Set Fancy Shaped Faceted Stones.
|Number Of Pages||0|
|Drop Ship Message||N/A|
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Absolutely the Best Instructional DVD I've Ever Watched
I can't say enough wonderful things about Ann Cahoon's teaching ability. I was taking a metal arts class in college and was struggling
to make a three way chain. Ann's instructions helped me get an 'A' on my project. Every step in the process of chain making was explained clearly and concisely. Ann is a pleasure to watch and listen to. There were plenty of close-ups so you could see what she is actually doing. I'm not sure what difficulty the earlier reviewer incountered but my download and DVD had a part two that covered all aspects of finishing a chain. If you want to learn how to make Etruscan/Roman chain, this is the DVD for you. (Posted on 5/18/2016)
- Excellent Teacher
- Ann is an excellent teacher and I could listen to her all day and not get tired of her voice. To me that is very important. Some teachers I cannot listen to for very long. The only complaint, and it's very disappointing, is that she did not go over the drawing of the chain or finishes like it states in the description. So you cannot finish a chain with this video! Therefore I took 2 stars off. If I had know this, I would not have purchased this and wasted $20 but would have bought the complete video not just the intro one. Shame on you guys!! (Posted on 10/28/2015)